C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help With Code P2534

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 02:01 PM
BAIN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help With Code P2534

Here are the list of codes the Vette is throwing

6/28/16

[] P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[] P0562 - System Voltage Low (Old) (History) (Immature)
[] P0826 - Up and Down Switch Circuit (History) (Immature)
[] P2534 - Ignition Switch Run/Start Position Circuit Low (SES) (History) (Immature)
[] P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request)
[] P2534 - Ignition Switch Run/Start Position Circuit Low

Basically it has thrown the P0700 and P2534 codes intermittantly for a while. The first time was 6/29/15, then 12/24/15, next 6/21/16, and now. I was thinking it was just a loose connection or something, but now I'm getting worried it's more serious (transmission or TCM). I have searched here and HPTuners forum several time and found very little info. The car has had a tranny tune in it since 08.

This is my wife's daily now and it has been throwing these codes and not shifting which is causing the transmission to get really hot.

Thanks for your help!!!!!
Old 06-28-2016, 03:43 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by BAIN
Here are the list of codes the Vette is throwing

6/28/16

[] P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[] P0562 - System Voltage Low (Old) (History) (Immature)
[] P0826 - Up and Down Switch Circuit (History) (Immature)
[] P2534 - Ignition Switch Run/Start Position Circuit Low (SES) (History) (Immature)
[] P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request)
[] P2534 - Ignition Switch Run/Start Position Circuit Low

Basically it has thrown the P0700 and P2534 codes intermittantly for a while. The first time was 6/29/15, then 12/24/15, next 6/21/16, and now. I was thinking it was just a loose connection or something, but now I'm getting worried it's more serious (transmission or TCM). I have searched here and HPTuners forum several time and found very little info. The car has had a tranny tune in it since 08.

This is my wife's daily now and it has been throwing these codes and not shifting which is causing the transmission to get really hot.

Thanks for your help!!!!!
Hi BAIN,

I regret to hear that your Corvette seems to be pulling these codes, and I can understand your concerns. If you would like to bring this to the attention of your dealer to get a formal diagnosis, I would be more than willing to offer you additional assistance with doing so. Please don’t hesitate to send us a private message if this would be of interest to you, or if you have any other questions.

Have a great day,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-29-2016, 10:44 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Have you checked your battery ?? My CTS was throwing transmission codes and it was my battery

Dave
Old 06-30-2016, 09:53 AM
BAIN
Instructor

I haven't checked my battery because it was replaced not too long ago, but I will check that out. The codes were thrown again last night as my wife was leaving an event. I had to grab my computer and drive to meet her to clear the codes. I drove it back home just in case it happened again.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:58 PM
BAIN
Instructor

Happened again today. Nobody else has had this issue?
Old 07-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by BAIN
I haven't checked my battery because it was replaced not too long ago, but I will check that out. The codes were thrown again last night as my wife was leaving an event. I had to grab my computer and drive to meet her to clear the codes. I drove it back home just in case it happened again.
Check the battery under a load , my CTS was brand new when it threw it's first TCM code ....started car drove away and something did not feel right , Trans was stuck in 3rd gear and would not shift , cel light on , surely this was a transmission issue right .

Called Onstar because i had activated it for my wife who was the primary driver

The girl who answered ran remote diagnostics on the car whike i was driving and advised me that the TCM has sent a low voltage code to the ECM and it looks like the battery dropped a cell . She told me to restart the car , which allowed it to start shifting again but still had a cel

then she called a dealer and they were waiting for me with test equipment and battery as I drove into the service lanes . Test confirmed that the battery in my 2 month old car dropped a cell

Drove the car for 3 years after that without any hint of an issue

Moral of story .... check your battery and the connections , u have multiple low voltage codes ..... then check the alternator as there are more than one report of them dropping dead

Just my two cents ......

Last edited by Dcasole; 07-06-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:40 PM
BAIN
Instructor

It happened again 2 times this week. I had the battery and alternator load tested today and everything checked out ok. This is so frustrating.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:54 PM
BAIN
Instructor

Happened again today. The wife was around an hour away. The car threw the P2534 and P0700 codes, transmission was stuck in 3rd and would not shift up or down. I had her try paddle shifting it and it wouldn't shift that way either. She had to go back roads (35-40mph) to get home. When she got home the transmission temp was 226-230*. Luckily it was a cooler night tonight.

I can't believe nobody else had this problem before. I'm afraid if I take it to the dealer they are just going to start changing out parts trying to figure it out costing a fortune.
Old 12-10-2021, 11:20 PM
SeanG
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to bring you this old thread but I’m having the exact same issue with being stuck in 3rd and smae codes… did you get it fixed? What was the cause?
Old 01-04-2022, 10:18 PM
Rolla3712
1st Gear

Originally Posted by SeanG
Sorry to bring you this old thread but I’m having the exact same issue with being stuck in 3rd and smae codes… did you get it fixed? What was the cause?
I just got the same code
Old 01-08-2022, 08:16 AM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I had very similar issues back in 2013. I took it to the dealer because it was under warranty. The 3rd dealership finally fixed it. They called Detroit for help after I did. My issue wound up being the BCM. (body control module) the board had a hairline crack in it that would lose contact under different weather conditions. Good Luck.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:29 AM
SeanG
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1121
I had very similar issues back in 2013. I took it to the dealer because it was under warranty. The 3rd dealership finally fixed it. They called Detroit for help after I did. My issue wound up being the BCM. (body control module) the board had a hairline crack in it that would lose contact under different weather conditions. Good Luck.
mine was a super easy fix… the fuse for the TCM needed to get replaced

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help With Code P2534

Quick Reply: Need Help With Code P2534