C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno tune or Diablewsport tune

Old 07-06-2016, 05:01 PM
TheMTazzi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno tune or Diablewsport tune

Hey guys I currently have an 06 a6 with slight mods. My question is as stated above. I have a diablo sport intune already and was wondering if you think I should data logg and get a diablew tune or run it on a dyno. The people who would dyno my car are beyond reputable, Tune Time performance. I have seen better gains though from the dyno as I researched its just if I dont dyno it i would use the money for other mods. But i am not sure If those mods + the lew tune will be more power then just what i am running now and a dyno tune. I have only seen a 2rwhp/5rwtrq gain from the lew tunes on the forums. Basically, I would do headers with the lew tune or i would just dyno it. Thoughts?
Old 07-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,630 Posts

I did headers , high flow cats and a CAI , I used Diablo Lew and could not be happier , we all have seen the thousands of posts where this combo has given the user 25 to 35 hp , I did not feel the need to pay $500.00 to see it on paper or to see results that vary from Dyno to Dyno not to mention different weather conditions . Plus you can put it back to stock at anytime , there are many posts from users who state they have lost their stock tune

My car is running really good with Lew's tune , just ask the new Shelby that I put back on the horse trailer on Sunday lol

Just my two cents

Last edited by Dcasole; 07-06-2016 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

IMO, a custom tune should be more about optimizing driveability and getting the car to behave how you want, more-so than looking for a few peak ponies

If you decide on a dyno tune, make sure it includes street logging/tuning, as I would imagine you spend very little time at WOT where a dyno tune is sampling.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2016, 10:34 AM
long_tall_texan
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
I did headers , high flow cats and a CAI , I used Diablo Lew and could not be happier , we all have seen the thousands of posts where this combo has given the user 25 to 35 hp , I did not feel the need to pay $500.00 to see it on paper or to see results that vary from Dyno to Dyno not to mention different weather conditions . Plus you can put it back to stock at anytime , there are many posts from users who state they have lost their stock tune

My car is running really good with Lew's tune , just ask the new Shelby that I put back on the horse trailer on Sunday lol

Just my two cents
Same here. Highly recommend Lew. Very happy with my tune from him. Going to have him do an updated tune for me after heads, Ported TB and intake, and Headers this winter.

Get notified of new replies

To Dyno tune or Diablewsport tune

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyno tune or Diablewsport tune