C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced Engine Power and P0223

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 05:01 PM
ZincGT
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Reduced Engine Power and P0223

Hey guys, looking for some insight/help

My 2006 Z51 Ls2 is currently at the dealership and they are having no luck trying to figure out this code, I dont know the specifics of everything they have tested but they think the PCM is causing the issue, and recommended taking it to a performance shop to deal with the tune. I have HP tuners and I am the one that tuned it, the tune had not changed in this time period, but ive done multiple "write entire" but nothing has changed, the code instantly pops on.

Let me know your thoughts
Attached Images  
Old 07-15-2016, 07:47 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I'd try swapping out the throttle body and/or pedal assembly and see what happens first

Actually I'd try logging every throttle related PID I could find in HPT and see if there's anything weird going on that you can see first

Without knowing what they've done so far we're kind of in the dark

Doubt it's a tune issue; MAYBE if you screwed with the throttle map tables, but otherwise I highly doubt it
Old 07-26-2016, 02:46 PM
ZincGT
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

After fighting with the dealer about it being the ECU (mainly because i didnt want to pay for it if it didnt fix it), they let another tech diag it and he found a broken wire in the tb wiring harness.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:42 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Please list all your mods on your engine----- This can be a common code with certain mods----
ALSO have you tried to DELETE this code to read "not reported " and "no mill" if not try this 1st Often you will get false codes on a modded engine--- By deleting it as I mentioned this will determine if in fact it is a real code or a false code-----
If the reduced power mode comes back after deleting this code then let me know--and I will show you the next step to prevent it from coming back
PS before the code re appears after removing--does the engine run fine ???
Old 03-12-2019, 09:13 AM
jorge rubio
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZincGT
Hey guys, looking for some insight/help

My 2006 Z51 Ls2 is currently at the dealership and they are having no luck trying to figure out this code, I dont know the specifics of everything they have tested but they think the PCM is causing the issue, and recommended taking it to a performance shop to deal with the tune. I have HP tuners and I am the one that tuned it, the tune had not changed in this time period, but ive done multiple "write entire" but nothing has changed, the code instantly pops on.

Let me know your thoughts

I have the same problem on my 2012 C6 LS3, I swapped the pedal first and no luck, then I swapped out the throttle body back to the original and still the same thing, says P0223 code and "Reduced Engine Power" on my dash, today I'm going to check the pigtail on the Throttle position sensor see if theres any rips or splices and check the wires in the connection to make sure non are loose. I'll let you know how it goes

Get notified of new replies

To Reduced Engine Power and P0223

Quick Reply: Reduced Engine Power and P0223