C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Assistance with codes P0449 AND P0455

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 05:53 PM
UMDSmith
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Assistance with codes P0449 AND P0455

Car: 2009 C6 with 33k miles, base model.

So today on a downshift while slowing down I got a CEL. I got home and checked it with my code reader and it is throwing P0455 AND P0449. I've searched and found a lot pointing to the gas cap, but the codes came back.

Online it seems a lot of the silverado guys get both codes, and it is a full canister replacement.

In my reading on the codes, 449 is a solenoid fail, and 455 is a massive leak. Can the vent solenoid fail open, and would that trigger a 455?

Does anyone have any experience with these codes in tandem. I won't get a chance to get under the car until this weekend, but it would save me some time if any of you guys had experienced both codes and how you solved it.

Last edited by UMDSmith; 08-22-2016 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:27 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Replace the solenoid, it's easy and cheap. Reset codes, see what happens.

Which solenoid would need to be replaced? There's one on the front of the engine, passenger side head and another one back near the fuel tank.

And as a last resort you could have a tuner turn them off if you just want them gone.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:06 PM
UMDSmith
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Replace the solenoid, it's easy and cheap. Reset codes, see what happens.

Which solenoid would need to be replaced? There's one on the front of the engine, passenger side head and another one back near the fuel tank.

And as a last resort you could have a tuner turn them off if you just want them gone.
Thanks! I'll probably start with the front one and pass 12v to it while I have the car on a lift to verify it is working. Good to hear it is a cheap repair. I already had to replace an entire hub due to the stupid wheel sensor. Not expensive, but annoying.

Get notified of new replies

To Assistance with codes P0449 AND P0455

Quick Reply: Assistance with codes P0449 AND P0455