C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBD Port no connection

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 02:32 AM
camaro427-69
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OBD Port no connection

Hi folks

I finally gave up on listening to my brain and got me a 05 LS2 C6. It is a US model but was imported to europe in 09. I bought it 3 weeks ago and i really enjoyed the car but then i took a step which gives me bad headache from then on.....

I wanted to replace the stock cd changer Radio to one of the Navigation units but the radio i bought in germany was just pulled out so on the first time i turned on ignition the theft lock was activated. No problem i thought cause my buddy works at a Opel/GM dealership as mechanic and heīs got hands on the tech2 to relearn the navigation.
But after we hooked up the tech2 it was not able to connect and stayed dead.

We found out that the obd port had no +signal. So i went on from there and checked internet where i found all information about the ALDL fuse or cigarette lighter fuse. So we double checked ALL of the fuses in the passenger compartment and even removed the connectors for a bad pin or whatever but we just could not get any + signal to the obd. Maybe itīs a coinsidence but the cigarette lighter at the shifter also has no power but the cigarette lighter is a extra fuse. So i decided to mess a bit with the obd port, checked the 2 grounds if theres any voltage on them but the multimeter showed nothing so no shorts on them.

After that i just took a plus signal from the connector right under the steering wheel and connected to the obd ports + which gave me finally power to the Bosch OBD tester from another buddy (expensive Bosch shop tester) but he still couldnīt communicate with the PCM. So i am kinda stuck cause google just came up with thousand tips on checking fuses and cleaning the pins but my problem seems to be far more complicating. Like i said we have solid 12.8 Volts at all the fuses, i checked the pins but still no communication. Could it be a bad fuse box? Bad PCM?

if nobody has any suggestions it would be veerrryyy helpful if i could get the electric wiring of my car which would eventually prevent me from ripping out my complete dashboard. the car runs great, throws no codes (just the ASR service warning once in a while if i throttle hard on german autobahn over 120mph). Sure i could just get a aftermarket navigation that will work without the tech2 but if the car ever throws a code iīm helpless. is there any other way to connect to the PCM without the OBD port?

Hope i can get help from you guys
thanks from overseas
pat
Old 08-29-2016, 02:58 AM
camaro427-69
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

update....i found some pinout diagrams online and removed the BCM to check the pins and as i removed it i found a strange little plastikbox with a switch mounted on the back. as i opened it there was a red/white ignition+ wired into some electronics. i checked the switch for voltage but it was not working so i shorted the connections and the electronic box started clicking and my little obd blutetooth connector started working. After that i was able to connect through my torque app and was reading error codes and had all the live information on the app.

so that was a cheap fix but why would anybody do this to shutdown the obd port?
Old 08-31-2016, 07:54 PM
C5forFun
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am having the same problem...
power from the obd2 connector, to the hp tuners module, just "unable to communicate".

where was the bcm?
Old 02-04-2018, 05:44 AM
The Problem Child C6
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

were you ever able to figure out your problem?

Get notified of new replies

To OBD Port no connection

Quick Reply: OBD Port no connection