C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know about brake position senor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 06:29 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Anyone know about brake position senor?

I have no codes but my cruise control (which I use a couple hours per day) has been intermittent.
I'm pretty sure the brake pedal position sensor or whatever it is called is malfunctioning.

In th c5, I just had to take a bungee cord and pull up the brake pedal but for some reason GM decided to make the system complicated for the C6.

So, if I hit a patch of rough road the cruise control will begin to function, or, if I hit the brakes, juggle the pedal...it will begin to work after a few set/disengage regimens.
Same thing if it is working...hit a few bumps and it cuts off or even if I do not hit bumps.

Then, once the cruise control IS working, I have to stand on the brake pedal hard to get it to turn off!
Lastly, the brake lights are on when I place the car in accessory mode until I again jiggle the pedal.

Anyway, seems like a difficult part to look up, even trunk monkey didnt understand what I wanted.

It looks to me like a forked lever connected to a white plastic rheostat that follows brake pedal travel but not sure if that's it.

Anyone know what it is I should target for replacement or what to look for on a tech2? Anyone find a part number?

Thanks much!

Last edited by speedz06; 08-28-2016 at 02:58 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-27-2016, 08:41 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Auto or manual?
Old 08-28-2016, 02:56 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Auto or manual?
It's a manual trans Z06 2006 with close to 70K miles

Last edited by speedz06; 08-28-2016 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:19 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Sure it isn't the clutch pedal not coming up all the way? Mine has done this before and it was the clutch
Old 09-12-2016, 03:51 AM
speedz06
Drifting

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Sure it isn't the clutch pedal not coming up all the way? Mine has done this before and it was the clutch
Yes surely the brake pedal. I can reach down and move brake while driving and it will effect the cruise.
After disconnecting battery for my last round of work it seems to have corrected itself for now.
Thanks buddy

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know about brake position senor?

Quick Reply: Anyone know about brake position senor?