C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aeromotive 340 pump upgrade (stock sending unit) for Procharger. Help no gas pumping?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 05:04 PM
regorih
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Aeromotive 340 pump upgrade (stock sending unit) for Procharger. Help no gas pumping?

Hey guys,

I'm upgrading the fuel system with an aeromotive 340 pump and a return line on my C6 that has a procharger. I dropped the fuel tank out and replaced the stock fuel pump with a aeromotive 340 pump but before I re-installed the tank I'm testing the new fuel pump and sending unit to make sure it all works right.

I followed the youtube vids on how to test the fuel system but no luck yet. Any advice would be appreciated in diagnosing the fuel system.

I made a temporary gig to test the sending unit outside of the fuel tank. Basically cut a jug and dropped the sending unit and filled it with gas and attached the two lines that are used to send gas to the passenger side tank and recirculate the gas back to the driver side tank.

I'm using a jump wire at the fuel pump relay to turn the pump on which it does, I'm using high-pressure submersible fuel line, and I plugged the top line that sends gas to the driver side tank.

From what I have read, I need to plug the top line which then pressurizes the stock fuel pressure regulator and then sends gas to the front of the car.

I have no idea what this line does but it was attached to the stock fuel pump which you can see the nipple it was attached to in the lower picture. The Aeromotive pump did not have the nipple

Last edited by regorih; 09-06-2016 at 01:17 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:57 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Looks like allot of work to diy. I may need to do the same. How long did it take you?

Quick Reply: Aeromotive 340 pump upgrade (stock sending unit) for Procharger. Help no gas pumping?