C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling fans not working after flashing car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 08:33 PM
TAPyvehc93
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling fans not working after flashing car?

I did not mess with any of the fan settings in the tune. I even went ahead and put the stock tune back in it, still nothing. I can see the PCM is commanding the fans on through the scanner. So far we have put power to the fans and they will come on so the fans ARE good. We went ahead and replaced the fan module thinking that was it and still nothing. The fans will come on for a brief second when you plug in the connector to the pwm. They worked perfectly fine before we installed the headers and flashed it. Everything is plugged in and connected. I'am thinking it has to be the fan harness?Help me out please? Kind of lost here.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:01 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Well if the only mod you did since the the fans were working was the LT headers I would suspect only one thing---Your "coolant temp" sensor" has a failure there are at least 2 coolant sensors -- one is for the gauge only and the other goes to the ECM to do several functions---remove timing when hot and control BOTH fans
The coolant sensors are very near LT header tubes So either the pigtail is not plugged in correctly--or you have a broken or shorted wire on the sensor OR the senor itself is bad typically because of an intermittent short that fried it just after the LT's were installed
Old 09-25-2016, 12:59 PM
TAPyvehc93
Cruising

Originally Posted by tblu92
Well if the only mod you did since the the fans were working was the LT headers I would suspect only one thing---Your "coolant temp" sensor" has a failure there are at least 2 coolant sensors -- one is for the gauge only and the other goes to the ECM to do several functions---remove timing when hot and control BOTH fans
The coolant sensors are very near LT header tubes So either the pigtail is not plugged in correctly--or you have a broken or shorted wire on the sensor OR the senor itself is bad typically because of an intermittent short that fried it just after the LT's were installed
The gauge reads fine and I can see the cpm commanding the fans on through the vcm scanner...
Old 09-25-2016, 01:06 PM
Meh Vette
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TAPyvehc93
The gauge reads fine and I can see the cpm commanding the fans on through the vcm scanner...
Curious, but did you check the fan connector? It may be melted internally, a common issue on these cars.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...connector.html
Old 09-27-2016, 09:26 PM
TAPyvehc93
Cruising

Yes, the connectors look fine. I'm stumped and my roommate is blaming my tune haha
Old 09-29-2016, 09:23 PM
c5racr1
Melting Slicks

Received 462 Likes on 331 Posts

Re flash the computer. I had this happen before

Get notified of new replies

To Cooling fans not working after flashing car?

Quick Reply: Cooling fans not working after flashing car?