C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering wideband gauge have question

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 12:54 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Ordering wideband gauge have question

I'm just about to order the 30-0300 AEM but there seems to be a few options. Would like to get this overnight while car is n shop.
Anyone have HP Tuners pro and use this 30-0300 gauge? I saw a vid online using a controller 4110 from AEM and not sure if I need that to connect to the tuning software or the 30-0300 will have everything I need. I dont se a little black box included with the 0300 but perhaps it is the latest model and doesnt need anything else.
Anyone using this?
Thanks!
Old 09-24-2016, 03:04 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

That isn't the one you want. That was the original CAN bus version that has since been modified (and given a new part number) that will work with HPT directly. The -0300 version will not unless you either send it to a guy on the HPT forum to modify or add two wires to give it a 0-5V output.

Order 30-0333 instead. Summit had the best price last time I checked. It includes an OBD connector with a male/female side. You plug it into your OBD port, plug HPT into it. Now HPT can read the wideband reading without any other wires being required. No other wiring to HPT required, no voltage offset issues to worry about. It's really nice. I have two

Last edited by schpenxel; 09-24-2016 at 03:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sox-Fan (09-30-2016)
Old 09-24-2016, 08:23 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
That isn't the one you want. That was the original CAN bus version that has since been modified (and given a new part number) that will work with HPT directly. The -0300 version will not unless you either send it to a guy on the HPT forum to modify or add two wires to give it a 0-5V output.

Order 30-0333 instead. Summit had the best price last time I checked. It includes an OBD connector with a male/female side. You plug it into your OBD port, plug HPT into it. Now HPT can read the wideband reading without any other wires being required. No other wiring to HPT required, no voltage offset issues to worry about. It's really nice. I have two
Great schpen, Ill cancel this and get the 0333. There were so many different kits and they all lookd good. The X series seemed pretty nice.
Thanks for saving me from another mini project!
Old 09-28-2016, 08:02 PM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Okay, you sold me. The 30-0333 showed up today. Which version of HPTuners do you recommend using? I'm still using 2.24. Do I need to upgrade to VCM Suite 3.2? I'd like to try a MAP only tune in an effort to get rid of the LS7 surge with an aftermarket cam.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:10 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Use 3.2. The CAN output of that wideband won't work with 2.24

Last edited by schpenxel; 09-28-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:14 PM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '13

Use 3.2. The CAN output of that wideband won't work with 2.24
10-4 Been procrastinating but I guess it's time.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:20 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...tarted-Threads

Here are some threads I did to help get started

Wideband setup will be different than those threads. Basically all you have to do is plug everything in and power up (including wideband), re-poll for supported parameters in Scanner, add "WB EQ Ratio 1" to the list of channels, and your wideband setup is done

Editor is pretty much the same

Scanner is a lot different. Big change but much better once you learn it

Last edited by schpenxel; 09-28-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:27 PM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '13

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...tarted-Threads

Here are some threads I did to help get started

Wideband setup will be different than those threads. Basically all you have to do is plug everything in and power up (including wideband), re-poll for supported parameters in Scanner, add "WB EQ Ratio 1" to the list of channels, and your wideband setup is done

Editor is pretty much the same

Scanner is a lot different. Big change but much better once you learn it
Huge thanks!!!! My current tune is decent (I'm never totally satisfied with my tune) so it is a good time for me to learn.

Get notified of new replies

To Ordering wideband gauge have question

Quick Reply: Ordering wideband gauge have question