C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners issue changing tire size

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 06:17 PM
NitrousMan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default HP Tuners issue changing tire size

Hello,

I'm trying to change my tire size from 345/30/19 to 325/45/17 and when I save it and upload it to the car it feels like my converter doesn't want to stay locked now at cruising speeds and I've seen the temp climb at least 30 degrees in the trans while just driving it normal. I have HP Tuners version 2.24 currently and the car is a 2005 Corvette with an LS7 Boosted and a built A4. Is the auto tune for the trans causing my issue? Car ran and shifted fine before I made the tire size change. I have a before and after tune file I can upload if someone is willing to take a look. The tuner that set the car up isn't able to help right now and I'm trying to get ready for a trip to the track before they close for the season so this Saturday is my last chance.

Thanks for any help.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:09 AM
carnutsx2
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousMan
Hello,

I'm trying to change my tire size from 345/30/19 to 325/45/17 and when I save it and upload it to the car it feels like my converter doesn't want to stay locked now at cruising speeds and I've seen the temp climb at least 30 degrees in the trans while just driving it normal. I have HP Tuners version 2.24 currently and the car is a 2005 Corvette with an LS7 Boosted and a built A4. Is the auto tune for the trans causing my issue? Car ran and shifted fine before I made the tire size change. I have a before and after tune file I can upload if someone is willing to take a look. The tuner that set the car up isn't able to help right now and I'm trying to get ready for a trip to the track before they close for the season so this Saturday is my last chance.

Thanks for any help.
you need to use the tool built into the software changing the obvious tire size in the drop-down menus doesn't work and causes all kinds of Shifting Havoc

Quick Reply: HP Tuners issue changing tire size