C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed a ZR1 map on my supercharged LS3 and it shifts weird now

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 10:40 PM
gr86ss
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 97 Posts

Default Installed a ZR1 map on my supercharged LS3 and it shifts weird now

I installed a ZR1 map sensor onto my Supercharged LS3 so that I could read boost. I changed the values to 312.50/linear and -11.25/offset. Car reads boost fine with my dashlogic.

I noticed that was no rev matching on downshifts, and that the trans was shifting a bit sluggish shortly afterwards. I thought that it was the tune because I had a meth kit installed about the same time, but I read somewhere that the map sensor may be causing the trans issues. I thought that I had save that thread, but now can't find it....

2012 Grand Sport LS3/A6 with A&A V3-Si, tuned by A&A. They did a MAF tune

I have the tune in .hpt file format is anyone can look at it and let know if there is something that I can do to help with this. I have hptuners, but really don't know how to use it..

mahaloz in advance!

Last edited by gr86ss; 11-29-2016 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:57 AM
gr86ss
Drifting

Well I had forum vendor Jeremy Formato of Fasterproms do a mail order tranny tune for me. He was aware of tranny shifting issues that could happen when installing an ls9 map to read boost on an ls3. He fixed my sloppy/sluggish shifting, brought back my rev matching on down shifts, made shifts more positive in D, more aggressive in S, and also made my throttle response much more crisp. I've only driven the car for two days so far, in commute traffic, but I'm extremely happy with the results. I was able to open it up a little on the way home, and in D, I was able to chirp the drag radials shifting I to third gear.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:40 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Glad to see you had good results and fixed the issue. How do you install the mail order tune? since I'm so busy I might try something like this myself.
T
Old 12-10-2016, 09:06 PM
gr86ss
Drifting

Originally Posted by speedz06
Glad to see you had good results and fixed the issue. How do you install the mail order tune? since I'm so busy I might try something like this myself.
T
I have HP Tuners. Got it thinking I would dabble in learning how to tune, but haven't had time.

Get notified of new replies

To Installed a ZR1 map on my supercharged LS3 and it shifts weird now

Quick Reply: Installed a ZR1 map on my supercharged LS3 and it shifts weird now