C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With HP Tuners Scan

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 09:14 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Default Help With HP Tuners Scan

I recently took my heavily modded 2012 GS (736 RWHP) to the strip for the first time. I met a fellow C6 guy there who had HP Tuners software on his laptop and was kind enough to log a run for me. I don't have the software so he took photos of the PC screen and sent them to me. The run is over two photos. I have never seen this graph before so assuming someone can read the graphs I would appreciate an analysis of the run. It was a lousy run as the NT05R 345/30/19 DR's provided almost no traction as I spun almost the entire first 1/8 mile and the car did not run as I would have expected even given the traction problems. It looks to me among other issues the shift points are screwed up as the car was on the 7,000 rev limiter from launch through the traps. Any help will be appreciated.

BIGMAC
Attached Images   
Old 12-03-2016, 11:22 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Not a lot of data there but it looks like you made the whole run in 1 gear ? Definitely something wrong with shifting.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:03 PM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Not a lot of data there but it looks like you made the whole run in 1 gear ? Definitely something wrong with shifting.
It did shift 1-2-3-4 but I think the RPM shift point was right on the rev limiter. Perhaps the shift was being triggered buy the speed part of the shift algorithm.
Old 12-03-2016, 03:16 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Not enough there to say much other than it looks like someone flat lined a chuck of the spark table.

There are also quite a few little blips on the timing that are probably either KR or burst KR doing it's thing.. can't tell without more info

Last edited by schpenxel; 12-03-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:16 PM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Not enough there to say much other than it looks like someone flat lined a chuck of the spark table.

There are also quite a few little blips on the timing that are probably either KR or burst KR doing it's thing.. can't tell without more info
I was running 50% 93 octane pump gas 50% 100 octane race gas, spraying 100% meth and ambient temp was 80 deg. so I would hope not to be needing KR, When the motor hits the rev limited does it pull timing?
Old 12-03-2016, 06:31 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

That could def be it. Can use spark and/or throttle and/or fuel for rev limiter depending on how it's setup
Old 12-03-2016, 06:34 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

The shifts are definitely associated with the speed settings. Timing could be pulled on rev limiter depending on the settings. Also could be pulled on shifts depending on torque management settings.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:01 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,368 Likes on 907 Posts

I see a burnout, then the full run with all the gearshifts in the tracer window at the bottom of the scanner screen (actually top BC the snaps are upside down), then his coast down. Doesn't add anything to the discussion BC the photo snaps are somewhere in the middle of the run with pretty scarce PIDS.

Guessing, but looks like the first screen is close to a second to third gear shift, next screen is third or fourth getting wound out. Just a 4 second slice between screens of his total run. Both screen snaps are 7K rpm so I'm thinking those are KR notches in the timing.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:38 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Originally Posted by BIGMAC
I recently took my heavily modded 2012 GS (736 RWHP) to the strip for the first time. I met a fellow C6 guy there who had HP Tuners software on his laptop and was kind enough to log a run for me. I don't have the software so he took photos of the PC screen and sent them to me. The run is over two photos. I have never seen this graph before so assuming someone can read the graphs I would appreciate an analysis of the run. It was a lousy run as the NT05R 345/30/19 DR's provided almost no traction as I spun almost the entire first 1/8 mile and the car did not run as I would have expected even given the traction problems. It looks to me among other issues the shift points are screwed up as the car was on the 7,000 rev limiter from launch through the traps. Any help will be appreciated.

BIGMAC
Thanks to everyone who tried to help analyze the run. Here is a different screen shot of the scan that shows a longer time interval on one screen. I don't know if it helps.

BIGMAC
Attached Images  
Old 12-06-2016, 08:53 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,368 Likes on 907 Posts

With this pic, if it isn't KRs then your rev limiter is triggered by timing advance.

Get notified of new replies

To Help With HP Tuners Scan

Quick Reply: Help With HP Tuners Scan