C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part throttle hesitation off boost.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 09:36 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Part throttle hesitation off boost.

I have a part throttle flat spot. 06Z with eforce.
At light throttle openings such as when looking for a little power in the low rev range without kicking in boost from the eaton. less than 0 vacuum. Only occurs when not delivering boost. As I roll in it happens and then surge back to power as I reduce throttle. AFR also goes up to 17or 18 but is changing constantly since it it more a transitional throttle opening.
If I crack the throttle more and hit boost it goes away like a light switch and AFR goes to 12 down to 11+/- as it ought to be.

I see it is worse when the engine is cooler but by no means cold. I own a tech2 clone, hp tuners and trinity for scanning etc.

Any suggestions where to start looking?

Last edited by speedz06; 12-24-2016 at 11:12 AM. Reason: shorten the story.
Old 12-25-2016, 01:26 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by speedz06
I have a part throttle flat spot. 06Z with eforce.
At light throttle openings such as when looking for a little power in the low rev range without kicking in boost from the eaton. less than 0 vacuum. Only occurs when not delivering boost. As I roll in it happens and then surge back to power as I reduce throttle. AFR also goes up to 17or 18 but is changing constantly since it it more a transitional throttle opening.
If I crack the throttle more and hit boost it goes away like a light switch and AFR goes to 12 down to 11+/- as it ought to be.

I see it is worse when the engine is cooler but by no means cold. I own a tech2 clone, hp tuners and trinity for scanning etc.

Any suggestions where to start looking?
Try increasing manifold volume in hpt and see if it helps any. Sounds like the typical lean in/rich out kind of transient fuel issues.

Also make sure your fueling is good (maf and/or ve) in the ranges where it's happening.
​​

Last edited by sevinn; 12-25-2016 at 01:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
speedz06 (12-25-2016)
Old 12-25-2016, 06:35 AM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for the tip it is good to have some direction to start with.
Merry Christmas!

Get notified of new replies

To Part throttle hesitation off boost.

Quick Reply: Part throttle hesitation off boost.