C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion: Local tuner or DiabLew Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Daviddear30
Pro

Received 210 Likes on 72 Posts

Loading the cystom tune
A sample of a partial data log
Old 01-06-2017, 03:39 PM
Midnight08
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Looks pretty cool.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:21 PM
Midnight08
Racer

I came across one of the articles I sourced originally, on third party coils adding nearly 20hp - and no tune on a project C7. I'm not here to debate this, but I do weary of people feeling the need to tear into an issue with limited/old understanding of things. Feel free to take up the issue with guys working on the project C7. And FWIW, they may not make much difference for a close to stock set up, like mine, since the dynamics the coils can speak to aren't as likely in my kind of setup. Read for yourself.

http://www.corvetteonline.com/tech-s...natelli-coils/
Old 01-20-2017, 10:33 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Wow You really need to let this one die.....

Are you experiencing "blow out" , I bet not with a stock motor .... but if you were running an blower and high boost you might see the same gains .....

Hence the reason a top fuel or a funny car runs dual Magneto's

Also it sure looks like a "sponsored " review

Dave
Old 01-20-2017, 11:01 PM
Midnight08
Racer

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Wow You really need to let this one die.....

Are you experiencing "blow out" , I bet not with a stock motor .... but if you were running an blower and high boost you might see the same gains .....

Hence the reason a top fuel or a funny car runs dual Magneto's

Also it sure looks like a "sponsored " review

Dave
What needs to die is the uniformed ignorance that challenged what I suggested as true. After this and other articles, from different sources, I went over when I first came across this idea. I'm a scientist and I don't trust any one source of info - especially in this age of so much marketing baloney. But this article and the other info I went through seem to be consistent, and from unrelated sources/garages/cars.

And, I was already clear, it's not likely I'll see the same benefits with my car, but I did learn a lot more in the process, so I have a clearer handle on the range of dynamics that are at play, and it's not the simple one concept fits all, as so many protestors seemed to ignorantly suggest.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:38 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight08
What needs to die is the uniformed ignorance that challenged what I suggested as true. After this and other articles, from different sources, I went over when I first came across this idea. I'm a scientist and I don't trust any one source of info - especially in this age of so much marketing baloney. But this article and the other info I went through seem to be consistent, and from unrelated sources/garages/cars.

And, I was already clear, it's not likely I'll see the same benefits with my car, but I did learn a lot more in the process, so I have a clearer handle on the range of dynamics that are at play, and it's not the simple one concept fits all, as so many protestors seemed to ignorantly suggest.
You produce one article from the Internet, now we all know that it must be true right ?? HECK ... It's on the internet , about a blown car that is experiencing "blow out" , they put these very very expensive coils on and magicly gain 20 hp .
WOW ......They cured a problem that could have been easly cured with a DIFFERENT heat range plug .... and now you are calling me and the others ignorant .....because you are a scientist......right......?

You really want someone to agree with you that you are right ... and when we tell you your theories are wrong you post this kind of response ????
If you know the answer why do you post in these forums .....just to blast the others who have responded

You clearly stated that you... were going to see a 20 hp gain

I was kind enough to explain to you in a series of PM's why your theory is incorrect . You might be a pretty smart guy but all you are doing now is proving how much you do not know about the operation of an internal combustion engine and how much you would rather try and debate in a long winded response telling folks how smart you are and how ignorant they are on a public forum ....

Please go Install your expensive coils and be happy but please stop with this type of post where you are insulting members that have clearly way more knowledge about the operation of an internal combustion engine than you .....

Moderators, please close this useless thread ......

Dave
The following users liked this post:
schpenxel (01-21-2017)
Old 01-26-2017, 09:05 AM
ShanMan14
Administrator

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Closed by request

Quick Reply: Opinion: Local tuner or DiabLew Tuning