C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CKP relearn ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Dyekid04
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CKP relearn ?

well since my last thread , we seen that all injectors are now getting pulse on startup . But once it starts up 4 cylinders stop getting a pulse from injectors . Codes are throttle body out of range and cam /crank codes. I know the scanner wants to do a relearn bc the ECM is brand new. I inspected the TB wires and the are smashed from the blower bracket . I trimmed beacket and will be putting a new pig tail in since the wires are destroyed. Car gets a instant "reduced engine power" just when key is on not even running yet even with both computers.

Im hoping fixing the pig tail will set that straight but im not sure. Car back fires and pops when spinning over like its "out of time" which im assuming is the CKP needing a relearn. I know after my cam install last year the cam sensor always said "out of range" and me and mike and vengeance couldn't see what was wrong. So we just said oh well and moved on since car was running perfectly off the crank sensor. My 1 big question is do i need to have the cam sensor working in order to do a CKP relearn??

PS: i know this is a lot but please try and help if you can thanks!
Old 01-18-2017, 05:52 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyekid04
well since my last thread , we seen that all injectors are now getting pulse on startup . But once it starts up 4 cylinders stop getting a pulse from injectors . Codes are throttle body out of range and cam /crank codes. I know the scanner wants to do a relearn bc the ECM is brand new. I inspected the TB wires and the are smashed from the blower bracket . I trimmed beacket and will be putting a new pig tail in since the wires are destroyed. Car gets a instant "reduced engine power" just when key is on not even running yet even with both computers.

Im hoping fixing the pig tail will set that straight but im not sure. Car back fires and pops when spinning over like its "out of time" which im assuming is the CKP needing a relearn. I know after my cam install last year the cam sensor always said "out of range" and me and mike and vengeance couldn't see what was wrong. So we just said oh well and moved on since car was running perfectly off the crank sensor. My 1 big question is do i need to have the cam sensor working in order to do a CKP relearn??

PS: i know this is a lot but please try and help if you can thanks!
Maybe try it and see if crank relearn is successful.Scan tool will read relearn not complete if not

Quick Reply: CKP relearn ?