C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Active Handling

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 02:43 PM
dby49ers
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Active Handling

I have a 2007 C6 coupe with 28000 miles and the "Service Active Handling " message and light just came on for no apparent reason. Is it possible this could have been triggered by low tire pressure? All the tires were somewhere in the 27 psi range. Thanks.

DBY49ers
Old 01-26-2017, 08:40 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by dby49ers
I have a 2007 C6 coupe with 28000 miles and the "Service Active Handling " message and light just came on for no apparent reason. Is it possible this could have been triggered by low tire pressure? All the tires were somewhere in the 27 psi range. Thanks.

DBY49ers
no your pressure isn't low enough to cause any cel or dic message unless pressure is 24 psi or lower
Old 01-26-2017, 08:21 PM
dby49ers
6th Gear

Default Service Active Handling

Originally Posted by irok
no your pressure isn't low enough to cause any cel or dic message unless pressure is 24 psi or lower
Thanks for the information. My "Service Active Handling" message cleared itself today. All seems to be fine now. I appreciate your reply.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:39 PM
Aforst
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dby49ers
Thanks for the information. My "Service Active Handling" message cleared itself today. All seems to be fine now. I appreciate your reply.
Can I recommend getting a blu driver obd2 scanner $99. It will allow you to pull code. pretty cheap scanner obd/ can bus. Service active handling can be several sensors. Do a little research. Yaw speed sensor abs sensor etc.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:30 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Believe it or not, even a loose spark plug wire can trigger that message. Just after I bought my car, I had that happen to me when I started the car. I panicked at first but jumped on here and someone told me to check the plug wires and, sure enough, one of the factory wires had a broken spring clip and had worked itself loose a bit from the coil socket - not even enough to cause a misfire, but enough to throw that message up on the DIC. If it reoccurs, check all your connections, even if you think they couldn't possibly be related to AH. These cars are finicky as hell like that.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:48 AM
poughkeepsie
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm not sure on the years covered, but there was also a recall on this issue. It is caused by a wire pulling inside the telescopic steering wheel. Just had my recall done a week ago
Old 02-12-2017, 04:52 AM
LdkE
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CI GS
Believe it or not, even a loose spark plug wire can trigger that message. Just after I bought my car, I had that happen to me when I started the car. I panicked at first but jumped on here and someone told me to check the plug wires and, sure enough, one of the factory wires had a broken spring clip and had worked itself loose a bit from the coil socket - not even enough to cause a misfire, but enough to throw that message up on the DIC. If it reoccurs, check all your connections, even if you think they couldn't possibly be related to AH. These cars are finicky as hell like that.
Same happened to me - this spark plugs are PITA since they are sticked in buttom-up (@GM engineers: its magic but gravity is working correctly even in the engine bay of Vettes ). Have fastened them with some cable tie's and any messegas thrown since.

Cheers

Lars
Old 02-16-2017, 11:06 PM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Can also be caused by alignment being off.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:25 PM
dby49ers
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Corvettinator
Can also be caused by alignment being off.
Thanks for the comments. The light went away, so whatever triggered it apparrently is now ok.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:20 AM
rabrooks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Low voltage on start up will cause it too. If there's enough battery to start the car but still goes low as the starter pulls power out of the battery, the message will display. Nest startup with a strong battery message goes away.

Get notified of new replies

To Service Active Handling

Quick Reply: Service Active Handling