C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to scan C6 ABS codes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 04:49 PM
steel_3d
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Default How to scan C6 ABS codes?

I have an 08 C6. Have issues with abs, AH, TC warnings coming up on the instrument cluster once in a while. I'm pretty sure I have a loose connector on the ABS module (oil cooler line has been pressing up against it for a while), and possibly a loose connector on the passenger front wheel that I have a hard time tracking down. A guy quickly scanned it with a Tech2 once and said it was front passenger sensor. But I'll need a bit more detail and be able to re-check as I play with the connectors and such. Would also be good to see realtime readings of wheel speed sensors. I get flat spots on the front right tire all the time, so my ABS is not working right. But the messages only come up once in a while.

Is there any software you guys know of that allows me to see ABS codes and sensors? I have an OBDLink MX. Does even Tech2 allow realtime monitoring of wheel speed sensors?

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2017, 05:05 PM
steel_3d
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Nobody has looked at abs codes on c6?...
Old 02-22-2017, 01:30 PM
rabrooks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm not the best person to answer your questions but I can relate my experiences with this type of code. My front brakes would lock up at speed or I'd have a power reduction. Every time it would do this, the problem was a tire sensor. Either the sensor was dead or the sensor had lost its programing. After changing the sensor the problem was gone.

So, if your digital display shows 1 or more of your tires registering "0" lbs air pressure, let the air out and refill it to 35 psi or so. It should trigger the sensor to read and send signal

If the display shows "XX" for the pressure reading, the sensor is dead or it needs to be relearned to the car.

I'm sure there are other reasons as well. Check out the above info and report back.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:51 PM
steel_3d
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Nah, you're talking about TPMS. My TPMS are perfect. This is definitely ABS. I think I fixed the issue.

My top oil cooler line on the radiator (stock z51 lines on DeWitts radiator) would knock against the big connector/harness on the ABS module, and it would cause intermittent circuits under heavy acceleration or heavy breaking. Everyone with DeWitts and stock lines should be careful about this! I bent the hell out of the aluminum oil cooler line to avoid interference (careful not to kink it and restrict flow!). Had to take it off the car to get enough leverage - take off junction block, flip it upside down, and it slides out toward the rear of the car with a lot of wiggling. I also loosened the ABS bracket bolts and shifted the ABS module as far away from the line as the bolts would allow. I then zip-tied the connector to the module, because the front locking tabs were broken from being knocked around, so the connector was allowed to wiggle.

After all this, it seems to be solid, and my ABS seems to be avoiding lock-up correctly. Hope it works out on track this weekend!
Old 02-22-2017, 02:35 PM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by steel_3d
Is there any software you guys know of that allows me to see ABS codes and sensors? I have an OBDLink MX. Does even Tech2 allow realtime monitoring of wheel speed sensors?

Thanks!
Glad you got it fixed. To answer your other question, Tech 2, Snap On Modis, Verus, etc and other pro quality scan tools will let you monitor & graph multiple PIDS (including ABS) at the same time for troubleshooting. I do it all the time with ABS issues to check for signal drop outs and comparison with all 4 wheel signals at the same time.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:03 PM
steel_3d
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Strange that there are no cheap tools to read the same pids...
Old 02-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,631 Posts

Strange that there are no cheap tools to read the same pids...
FYI , I bought a knock off TECH II , did not cost much more than a good scanner... looks the same , works the same .....I am happy with it

Dave
Old 02-25-2017, 12:12 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

I have an 08 C6. Have issues with abs, AH, TC warnings coming up on the instrument cluster once in a while. I'm pretty sure I have a loose connector on the ABS module (oil cooler line has been pressing up against it for a while), and possibly a loose connector on the passenger front wheel that I have a hard time tracking down. A guy quickly scanned it with a Tech2 once and said it was front passenger sensor. But I'll need a bit more detail and be able to re-check as I play with the connectors and such. Would also be good to see realtime readings of wheel speed sensors. I get flat spots on the front right tire all the time, so my ABS is not working right. But the messages only come up once in a while.

Thanks!
I bought a Cen-Tech Max Link II part# 60794 - OBD I and OBD II with ABS codes and sensors scan tool - it works excellent.

It reads and clears codes for all sorts of ABS codes and problems, for different years and is up-gradable through your computer. It also does many various makes and models of vehicles as well. I have done my daughters 2008 BMW, a 2009 BMW and many VW's as well. Plus my buddies 2008 Corvette to find his issue with his right rear ABS HUB.

Thanks,Matt

Get notified of new replies

To How to scan C6 ABS codes?

Quick Reply: How to scan C6 ABS codes?