C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tuning option?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 01:20 PM
Clint's C3
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Best tuning option?

Hi,
Just getting started in the C6 world with a 2010 GS. I’m planning to make some upgrades for drag racing while keeping the street manners. What is my best option for programming as I make mods? Should I buy a tuner (suggestions pls.) or use a shop? I live in the DFW Texas area. Do you have recommendations for a local tuner?
Thanks!
Old 03-13-2017, 04:33 PM
regorih
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

If your going to tune it yourself get reading for st least a $1000 investment between a new hp tuner and a good wideband. Then you'll need to learn how to use it which is not easy. Your best option would be to find a local shop and pay the $400-600 for a tune and just go back for retunes and mods change.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:53 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint's C3
Hi,
Just getting started in the C6 world with a 2010 GS. I’m planning to make some upgrades for drag racing while keeping the street manners. What is my best option for programming as I make mods? Should I buy a tuner (suggestions pls.) or use a shop? I live in the DFW Texas area. Do you have recommendations for a local tuner?
Thanks!
Definitely don't buy a handheld tuner. As to which shop.. that depends on how radical your setup is. You have MANY options in the DFW area for tuners.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:25 AM
Clint's C3
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks. Consensus seems to be; Make your mods, get it tuned professionally and then use HP tuner to make adjustments. I’m sure step 2 will be challenging, but educational.

Get notified of new replies

To Best tuning option?

Quick Reply: Best tuning option?