C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle shut, then leanout on launch

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 06:32 PM
NJ_phil
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Throttle shut, then leanout on launch

Using competitive mode to launch @ 4,000 and limit tire slip along with torque limiting to go easy on the drivetrain. Sure I can disable all that and get past this but I want to figure this out if possible. Goal is to hold the pedal to the floor, dump the clutch and let the computer drive the car. This is the first run using a boost limiter which is set at 10lbs so that seems to be working ok.

First problem is throttle slamming shut around 4,000 before the clutch is even let out. Previously used to hold 4,000-4,200 as long as the pedal was mashed to the floor so competitive mode used to work like it should.

Max torque in the tune is set to 525 and you can see spark being retarded to maintain that level so that seems to be working..Weird that spark retard from torque limiting doesn't show up in the total spark retard channel. Around 0.6:200 injector duty cycle starts to drop off and motor goes super lean. The rev limit is set to (6800) and RPM barely got over 6200 so I don't think it cut fuel for rev limit.

The 100% Alcohol signal on the chart is where the secondary fuel pump and Alky come on. The tune does nothing to the fueling or spark when is see Alcohol, spark adders are 0, EQ(Gas) = EQ(Alcohol)

Just glad I had low boost and was spraying meth @ 3* spark advance when that crap happened.

Last edited by NJ_phil; 03-11-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:45 AM
NJ_phil
Burning Brakes

I set max torque to 700 for each gear along with 700 for TCS max torque setting. Even though TCS is disabled, it still might be using it during the launch. Had axle tramp still enabled and disabled that. Might be able to get another shot at it before it starts snowing
Old 03-09-2017, 05:09 PM
NJ_phil
Burning Brakes

Much better but still seeing fuel being cut. Not sure if due to torque limit still too low or bouncing off the rev limiter. Kinda sucks to see the channels still showing injector pulse width around 11ms even though fuel was cut and the only way to tell is to look at WB. Will try to monitor the 2 fuel cut flags next time

Last edited by NJ_phil; 03-11-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Throttle shut, then leanout on launch

Quick Reply: Throttle shut, then leanout on launch