C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Nav, aftermarket XM success

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 10:45 PM
-1-
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Buster1
Very cool indeed! Nice work.

Has anyone seen where they are mounting the '06 C6 XM antenna, and is there a factory or GM part that we could buy and hook that into an '05 Nav unit? That would be the cleanest way to go I guess. Ideas?
It's now mounted in the two door mounted mirrors. Either one, but I believe both. This is a great idea and improvement from the 2005. You could buy the Delphi Micro XM antenna ($29), less than 1" square, and about 1/2" high. It's sold at Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. It could be mounted on the front dash for ease of installation or other suitable location. Barely noticeable.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:02 AM
kaptainkirk
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Ginny C6
After doing a lot of research and making a bunch of phone calls I have a Factory installed Navigation system and an aftermarket XM system that plays through the Nav screen and is installed behind the dash. The XM antennae is underneath the roof, and above the interior roof trim and completly hidden! Here is what I did: Purchased from myradiostore.com part# XMDGM100 XM radio package. It plugs in to the factory harness on the back of the Nav unit. on the harness supplied by myradiostore I had to make a jumper from the Light Green/black tracer on the 12 way harness to the Red/yellow tracer on the 24 way harness. It works like a champ. I also ordered, but not yet installed an adapter part # SON-AUX so that I can plug in a MP3 player that will automatically switch from the XM to the MP3 when a signal is detected. I am going to run the cables to the center armrest so that I can leave the MP3 in the console, completly hidden. I am posting a couple of pictures for now as the car is still apart.

Hey....I have a 2005 coupe that has the same setup....nav with no xm radio....is this the only part needed to make my coupe xm ready? I went to the store website listed and it said I needed a tuner and other things....this part and an antenna? Or do I need to buy the tuner as well?
Kaptainkirk
Old 09-13-2012, 11:33 PM
97TorchRedCoupe
Instructor

Default Aftermarket XM added to NAV

Originally Posted by Ginny C6
After doing a lot of research and making a bunch of phone calls I have a Factory installed Navigation system and an aftermarket XM system that plays through the Nav screen and is installed behind the dash. The XM antennae is underneath the roof, and above the interior roof trim and completly hidden! Here is what I did: Purchased from myradiostore.com part# XMDGM100 XM radio package. It plugs in to the factory harness on the back of the Nav unit. on the harness supplied by myradiostore I had to make a jumper from the Light Green/black tracer on the 12 way harness to the Red/yellow tracer on the 24 way harness. It works like a champ. I also ordered, but not yet installed an adapter part # SON-AUX so that I can plug in a MP3 player that will automatically switch from the XM to the MP3 when a signal is detected. I am going to run the cables to the center armrest so that I can leave the MP3 in the console, completly hidden. I am posting a couple of pictures for now as the car is still apart.

I know this thread is very old but I am also trying to duplicate what you did with the Nav. I can find the Light Green/Black tracer on the 12 way harness but can't find the Red/Yellow tracer on the 24 way harness. I have a solid Red wire and a Red/Black tracer. Can you give me the pin number the Red/Yellow tracer is connected to on the 24 way harness?
Or should I abort this effort?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark

Quick Reply: Factory Nav, aftermarket XM success