C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM satelite radio question

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:32 PM
AraiGP4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM satelite radio question

I've got the factory XM satelite radio in my 1SB equipped C6 and have both XM bands programmed with various channels. Trouble is, when in the XM2 band, I can't get back to XM1 without first toggling through both FM bands and the AM band to get there!

Has anyone figured out a way to toggle between XM1 and XM2 without having to go through both FM bands and the AM band to do so?

Last edited by AraiGP4; 06-06-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:36 PM
mrep
Navigator

Default Xm

All you have to do is hit the XM icon on the screen and it will change from XM 1 to XM2 or the opposite
Old 06-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Silver Fox
Instructor

Old 06-06-2005, 10:36 PM
AraiGP4
Racer

You must be referring to XM's with the NAV package. I don't have the NAV package, hence no screen. It's the standard Bose system that comes with the 1SB package, with XM and without NAV (instead, it has the six disc in-dash CD player). Any suggestions with that setup? Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

XM1 and XM2 are the same - same channels in both of them. Having 2 bands just gives you 12 preset buttons instead of 6. There's really no other reason to switch back and forth between XM1 & XM2, except when you're programming the reset buttons, and then only if you have more than 6 channels you want to store with the presets.

Just realized you would have to switch back & forth if you had more than 6 presets. I do, but I hardly ever use the second set of presets.

As Emily Latella would say, "Nevermind." I'll look at the book some more to see if there's a way.

Ignore my first paragraph.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 06-06-2005 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:04 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverCoupe
XM1 and XM2 are the same - same channels in both of them. Having 2 bands just gives you 12 preset buttons instead of 6. There's really no other reason to switch back and forth between XM1 & XM2, except when you're programming the reset buttons, and then only if you have more than 6 channels you want to store with the presets.
Say what? Did you read what you wrote? You normally post great responses, but I think this isn't one of them
Old 06-06-2005, 11:05 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverCoupe

Just realized you would have to switch back & forth if you had more than 6 presets. I do, but I hardly ever use the second set of presets.

As Emily Latella would say, "Nevermind." I'll look at the book some more to see if there's a way.

Ignore my first paragraph.
Okay, I see that while I was responding to your first try, you WERE reading what you wrote. My confidence in you is restored
Old 06-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by jschindler
Okay, I see that while I was responding to your first try, you WERE reading what you wrote. My confidence in you is restored
Thanks. Had a very busy day and sometimes that leads to not-completely-thought-out posts. Appreciate your compliment.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled thread and thought.

Get notified of new replies

To XM satelite radio question

Quick Reply: XM satelite radio question