C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maximum Torque/Horsepower....

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 06:10 PM
c6nut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Maximum Torque/Horsepower....

Does anyone have any first hand experience with installing one of those diamond plated washers in-between their crank pulley? If so, how much total torque can this an engine handle, without the bolt coming loose again.

After looking at the keying or pinning options, I would rather not.....
Old 08-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Virt
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c6nut
Does anyone have any first hand experience with installing one of those diamond plated washers in-between their crank pulley? If so, how much total torque can this an engine handle, without the bolt coming loose again.

After looking at the keying or pinning options, I would rather not.....

Why not look at keying or pinning options? I thought it was the right way to do it?

As for the total torque.... I've heard around 500ish RWHP is what you can put through the motor and drivetrain before having to replace parts.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:22 PM
c6nut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Virt
Why not look at keying or pinning options? I thought it was the right way to do it?

As for the total torque.... I've heard around 500ish RWHP is what you can put through the motor and drivetrain before having to replace parts.
keying the pulley entails changing the pulley to a new and different one. Not sure I would want to do that since the factory is harmonically balanced. Will the new one do the same thing with reliability? I don't know enough about it. That is why I am aking questions. The only kit I saw was for a C5 on Jeggs. Any suggestions?

Last edited by c6nut; 08-24-2005 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:07 AM
shopdog
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by c6nut
keying the pulley entails changing the pulley to a new and different one. Not sure I would want to do that since the factory is harmonically balanced. Will the new one do the same thing with reliability? I don't know enough about it. That is why I am aking questions. The only kit I saw was for a C5 on Jeggs. Any suggestions?
Unless the old damper is damaged, there's no reason to change it for a new one. You can pin the damper to the crank in one of two different ways. You can drill radially through the damper into the crank, or you can drill longitudinally along the parting line between the damper and the crank snout so the pin diameter will be half in one part and half in the other, ie a dutchman, which functions like the square key of older engines.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:09 PM
c6nut
Burning Brakes

thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To Maximum Torque/Horsepower....

Quick Reply: Maximum Torque/Horsepower....