C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Theft-Deterrent System Light

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 12:38 PM
DrHarlE
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Theft-Deterrent System Light

Cruising around yesterday and the theft-deterrent system light on the dash comes on. Didn't notice anything unusual so kept on going to the house. Park the car, dig out the manual and the only info is: if the light comes on while the engine is running take to dealer for service. Put the manual back into the glove compartment, start the car. No light. What gives? Gremlins?
Old 10-03-2005, 01:37 PM
calemasters
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It was an intermitted failure, or maybe just some "noise" on the communication line.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Zig
Safety Car

Location: stafford country, va. Avatar: Me on turn 3 @ Bristol (The World's Fastest Half-Mile)
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by calemasters
It was an intermitted failure, or maybe just some "noise" on the communication line.
, I had the same thing happen. I was wondering if sonehow I had hit the 'panic' button while the fob was in my pocket. I shut the car down opened my door, closed the door started it back up and no light. I also checked my codes last night with my newly aquired Innova 3030 code scanner and no codes were preset or pending.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:01 PM
DrHarlE
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by calemasters
The "noise" on the line was nothing compared to the noise coming from the drivers seat!.....and I had the top down. I just got another bar of soap from a neighbor..heh,heh, guess they never knew I was a Teamster in college.

Thanks for the reply

Get notified of new replies

To Theft-Deterrent System Light

Quick Reply: Theft-Deterrent System Light