C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complete APS C6 twin turbo system pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 07:22 PM
0APS
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete APS C6 twin turbo system pics

Guys, Here's a new pic of the complete APS intercooled twin turbo system components to suit the C6 Corvette, the only parts missing from the pic are the heat shields for the cast ductile iron turbo exhaust manifolds, they will be added in the near future.

The twin turbo system is complete with twin air to air bar and plate intercoolers, APS/Garrett GT3076R water cooled dual ball bearing turbos, 304 polished stainless steel exhaust components to connect up to the stock C6 exhaust system and a fuel system to support up to 650 whp (dyno jet power figures).

The base APS twin turbo system will yeild around 590 - 600 whp on 93 octane fuel with the stock exhaust, this I'm sure will be more than enough mumbo for most guys (should be capable of low 10's around 140 MPH in the hands of a racer on drag radials).

I've been greatly impressed with the overall flexibility and the fuel economy of the twin turbo LS2 engine in slow bumper to bumper traffic conditions, a real drive joy to drive in any conditions.

An APS stage 2 system will be available in the future for the guys who want to push the power limits of the LS2 power plant even further. A built forged engine with good heads and a bigger cam is recommended for higher than 650 whp as I'm sure you guys already know.

The release date of the intercooled twin turbo system is still on schedule for mid April 06 if all goes to plan, if you have any questions regarding the APS twin turbo system feel welcome to ask away, all good.

Peter
Old 02-13-2006, 07:29 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Peter,

That's a beautiful kit.

Charlie
Old 02-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Lastknight0
Pro

Well i know one thing, i definately wouldn't attempt to do this install on my own

I'm VERY impressed with the stats on this system! I'm gonna be keeping an eye and ear out for this one to see how the reliabilty is. The one thing i'm afraid of is taking it to the track one day with DRs, hooking it up off the line, and tearing the driveline apart from all that power...then again i'll probably only take it to the track once. I might just be blind, but i don't see a BOV in there, is that included or extra?

Lastly and most importantly, how loud are the turbos and BOV?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:06 PM
0APS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CharlieTuner@AandACorvette
Peter,

That's a beautiful kit.

Charlie
Hey Charlie, Great to hear from you and thanks for that very kind compliment - the engineering team at APS will be really happy to hear your thoughts on the intercooled twin turbo system, if you get a spare moment say G'day to Andy for me.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 02-13-2006, 09:18 PM
serendipity
Racer

Originally Posted by Lastknight0
Well i know one thing, i definately wouldn't attempt to do this install on my own

I'm VERY impressed with the stats on this system! I'm gonna be keeping an eye and ear out for this one to see how the reliabilty is. The one thing i'm afraid of is taking it to the track one day with DRs, hooking it up off the line, and tearing the driveline apart from all that power...then again i'll probably only take it to the track once. I might just be blind, but i don't see a BOV in there, is that included or extra?

Lastly and most importantly, how loud are the turbos and BOV?
I see two BOVs in the picture. They're to the left and right of the aluminum intercooler pipes which are somewhat flat to fit under the front suspension. Bottom 1/3 of the pic.

I'm very interested in this kit.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:37 PM
0APS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by serendipity
I see two BOVs in the picture. They're to the left and right of the aluminum intercooler pipes which are somewhat flat to fit under the front suspension. Bottom 1/3 of the pic.

I'm very interested in this kit.
Excellent to hear, here's a better pic of the twin blow off valves installed on the twin turbo C6.

The twin BOV's really improve throttle response when drining in on/off throttle conditions like on windy roads - when you change gear and hit the gas the turbo power is really instantaneous as the turbo speed is fully optomised and up to speed in a split second.

Peter
Old 02-14-2006, 01:11 AM
Jagcvette
Melting Slicks

Can you tell us what the installed price will be?
Old 02-14-2006, 01:31 AM
Lastknight0
Pro

Originally Posted by Jagcvette
Old 02-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Qatar C6
Instructor

nice can i know to price of the kit
Old 02-14-2006, 10:45 AM
RonCS
7th Gear

Price?
Old 02-14-2006, 10:59 AM
jwaked
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Price please?
Old 02-14-2006, 12:46 PM
serendipity
Racer

They've mentioned on other boards that it will be around $10,000 as the introductory price, then going up $1k after it's been out a few months.

They can't quote you an installed price - they're an R&D shop in Australia, and I doubt many of you will be sending your cars there for the install.

A&A might be able to quote an install time/price - I believe they'll be one of APS's premeir official distributors for this kit. I'd ballpark around 15 hours or so, but I'm completely uninformed
Old 02-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Sportsdude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is very nice Peter Is it a fully complete kit to get the car back on the road? At what boost level will the basic kit be and is it possible to have a dual boost level on tap as an option?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:13 PM
0APS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jagcvette
I'd say that installation would be approx $2600 and if you want a custom engine tune add another $500 approximately. I will have firm information on the APS intercooled twin turbo system MSRP later today, I'll post that info shortly.

Peter
Old 02-14-2006, 08:02 PM
0APS
Former Vendor

They've mentioned on other boards that it will be around $10,000 as the introductory price, then going up $1k after it's been out a few months.
Here's the good news, the original MSRP was $10,995 for the entire APS intercooled twin turbo system.

I'm now very happy to say that APS management has given long consideration to the twin turbo price structure (agreed to amortize the twin turbo development cost over a much longer time frame) and have now agreed to release the C6 intercooled twin system for only $8995 at MSRP, this will be for the 06 calender year starting from April 06.

From Jan Ist 07 on the MSRP for the twin turbo system will be increased though I don't know by how much at this time, my best guess would be $9995 at MSRP. The guys who get in early for an APS intercoled twin turbo system will buy a real bargain as $8995 at MSRP can't be sustained for any longer than 6 to 8 months.

They can't quote you an installed price - they're an R&D shop in Australia, and I doubt many of you will be sending your cars there for the install.
APS management will set the recommeded twin turbo install cost for US based APS dealers (after consulting with a number of key APS dealers), the base APS intercooled twin turbo installation I guess should be around $2600 for a stock C6 Corvette though the install price is yet to be finalised, I'll post that info when I have firm install costs for the APS intercooled twin turbo system.

A&A might be able to quote an install time/price - I believe they'll be one of APS's premeir official distributors for this kit. I'd ballpark around 15 hours or so, but I'm completely uninformed
There will be a good number of APS dealers appointed in the US over the coming weeks (A@A Corvette I hope and believe will be a big part of the APS dealer network) to stock the APS intercooled twin turbo system (discussions with dealers are well advanced) and I will post this information over the next few weeks and the dealers will also be listed on the APS website at this link, just click on the US flag for contact details.

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/

Thanks and I'l keep you guys updated with any new product and dealer information as it comes to hand.

Last edited by APS; 02-14-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:19 PM
serendipity
Racer

Thanks Peter - pricing sounds fantastic
Old 02-14-2006, 08:30 PM
L.A.P.D.
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06

APS (Peter),

AWESOME kit! It was great spending the day with Dave here at our facility. He seemed very excited in working with us and having us as one of the west coast distributors for your products. Please tell Dave we said hi the next time you speak with him.

Thanks!

Shawn

Get notified of new replies

To Complete APS C6 twin turbo system pics

Old 02-14-2006, 08:53 PM
0APS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by L.A.P.D.
APS (Peter),

AWESOME kit!
I'm really glad you like the twin turbo package, it's just awesome to drive and pulls like crazy all the way to redline. I've not had this much fun in years, I really love the way that the twin turbo C6 drives, a real wolf in sheeps clothing.

Originally Posted by L.A.P.D.
He seemed very excited in working with us and having us as one of the west coast distributors for your products. Please tell Dave we said hi the next time you speak with him.

Thanks!

Shawn
Will do and I'm sure that we will all catch up soon for a chat and a few beers, keep up the good work, nice looking shop by the way.

Peter
Old 02-14-2006, 08:59 PM
0APS
Former Vendor

Thanks Peter - pricing sounds fantastic
Your're most welcome and I just so happy to see the APS twin turbo released with aggressive pricing - with this low MSRP I sincerely hope that many more guys will be able to afford the twin turbo system, not just the elite guys with high incomes.

Peter
Old 02-14-2006, 10:56 PM
valdeztke
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I will take one!!!!

May have to wait a few weeks to take it all the way to Oxnard to get installed ....3,000 miles!!! lol

Peter,

Who would you recommend on the east coast?

Quick Reply: Complete APS C6 twin turbo system pics