C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Slp Intake Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 05:45 AM
S281ER238
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Slp Intake Question

Whats Up With Slp Cold Air Kit No One Is Buying It For The C6 But I remember For C5 It Was The Best Intake Out There Any Reason Why Iam Intrested In The Slp Kit

Last edited by S281ER238; 05-17-2006 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:00 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Do you mean the SLP Blackwing?? If so PM off line.

Tom
Old 05-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Jstyle
Burning Brakes

Seeing how SLP has been in so many raw/bogus dealings lately no one is getting close to them.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:15 PM
RBYCC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jstyle
Seeing how SLP has been in so many raw/bogus dealings lately no one is getting close to them.
If you have insight on "raw/bogus" dealings, then why not post your info?? "Hit and run" never a nice thing to do to anyone !!!
Old 05-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Jooyoung99
Advanced

Default I have SLP Blackwing

I had trouble fitting it into my car. But I actually gained 10 rwhp. It may just be a fluke. Most people were saying that their A6 vette has 330 rwhp, but my car seems to have around 340 rwhp on all 3 dyno runs. So I can't be too upset with SLP. If I were you I would look into close box system like Vararam or Callaway.

Last edited by Jooyoung99; 05-17-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:45 PM
RBYCC
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jooyoung99
I had trouble fitting it into my car. But I actually gained 10 rwhp. It may just be a fluke. Most people were saying that their A6 vette has 330 rwhp, but my car seems to have around 340 rwhp on all 3 dyno runs. So I can't be too upset with SLP. If I were you I would look into close box system like Vararam or Callaway.
No problem fitting in my C6. Matched with the stock mounting points.
Easy install, no leaks, no codes and total satisifaction with the product

Old 05-17-2006, 02:42 PM
andreas g.
Drifting

Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

Early on they were having some problems fitting the air bridge, and some people were setting lean codes at idle both banks. Not everyone had these problems. I had a blackwing on my C5 and it worked well. In fact my son has the car and still has it on the car. On my C6 I went with the stinger from Halltech, why? I just liked the size of the filter and it fit well.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:13 PM
GooseyGoose
Instructor

Halltech ! YEA
Old 05-17-2006, 11:19 PM
VETFOR4
Racer

SLP used my '06 C6 as soon as they got feedback(Dec. '05) that some people were setting codes. The problem turned out to be with the air bridge and people forcing it onto the pins to far. It would cause a slight leak. The propblem was taken care of right away. Even though they say a 5 to 8 hp gain is to be expected I picked up a high of 11.5 at 5189 RPM(120 miles on the car). I have been dealing with Ed Hamberger and SLP since the early 70's and have found them to be one of the best A/M vendors out there. By the way, of the people that actually contacted SLP after codes were set, the majority had the packages installed at 2 shops! I have not had any codes to date. I also am surprised that more people aren't aware of, or using some of SLP's Vette products. Their exhaust and engine packages are some of the best around, their removable front plate brkt, though expensive, is great. There are a couple of people on this forum that after seeing my front plate set up, drove right over to SLP and bought one.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:53 AM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14

Originally Posted by VETFOR4
SLP used my '06 C6 as soon as they got feedback(Dec. '05) that some people were setting codes. The problem turned out to be with the air bridge and people forcing it onto the pins to far. It would cause a slight leak. The propblem was taken care of right away. Even though they say a 5 to 8 hp gain is to be expected I picked up a high of 11.5 at 5189 RPM(120 miles on the car). I have been dealing with Ed Hamberger and SLP since the early 70's and have found them to be one of the best A/M vendors out there. By the way, of the people that actually contacted SLP after codes were set, the majority had the packages installed at 2 shops! I have not had any codes to date. I also am surprised that more people aren't aware of, or using some of SLP's Vette products. Their exhaust and engine packages are some of the best around, their removable front plate brkt, though expensive, is great. There are a couple of people on this forum that after seeing my front plate set up, drove right over to SLP and bought one.
I think the problem is that most of us know about his kits for the F bodies. I did not know he made anything for the Corvette until a buddy of mine showed me an article in Vette magazine. BTW in the early 70's I thought Ed also worked on Mopars (larger capacity oil pans & etc.)
Old 05-18-2006, 09:43 AM
VETFOR4
Racer

TommyD you are correct. When I first met Ed he was selling Mopar hipo parts. We were running a DANA rear that had been converted to be the center section in our Vette Super Stocker, and he was who we got our rear end parts from. Then came Hamberger Oil Pans and SLP. I think most of us are aware of the Firehawk program and then becoming a GM Tier 1 vendor with the Camaro SS and Firehawk and a S10 program. With the death of the F body things had to change. They have a rather extensive line of new Mustang parts along with just finishing a F150 package(no Lightning anymore). Work has recently started on a Hemi Dodge Charger.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Slp Intake Question

Quick Reply: C6 Slp Intake Question