C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shutter and Growling

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Sumcandy
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shutter and Growling

[New to the forum and I have a question. I have a 06 LS2 coupe and when I am at a stop in neutral ,I put my foot on the brake and turn the steering wheel there is a shutter and a growling noise. Took the car to the dealer ( another story) and the replaced the rack and pinion did not fix the problem . they then discovered there was a bulletin stating that one of the hydraulic hose was to small to handle both functions at the same time,there would be a fix in Oct 06 Any one else run into problem? I love the car.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Newton06
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 166 Posts

My 05 used to have this 'problem'. I drained the PS reservoir & filled with high-quality fluid, and added a bit more than normal. Problem went away.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:55 AM
greenie99
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sumcandy
[New to the forum and I have a question. I have a 06 LS2 coupe and when I am at a stop in neutral ,I put my foot on the brake and turn the steering wheel there is a shutter and a growling noise. Took the car to the dealer ( another story) and the replaced the rack and pinion did not fix the problem . they then discovered there was a bulletin stating that one of the hydraulic hose was to small to handle both functions at the same time,there would be a fix in Oct 06 Any one else run into problem? I love the car.
A fix in Oct. 06??? I guess all of the 07s being produced have to wait until then!!!!!!! What bunk. I had this problem in 99 with my coupu!!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Chevtech
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hose does fix the steering shudder, and yes it may take until oct. to get. This happens on Auto trans. cars when in gear at a dead stop, or parking lot type turns. Have not heard this on a man. trans. car yet. Updated hose material and a longer hose.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Eros
Instructor

Default 2006 Mn6

Hi,

I have noticed the past few days that when I get off work, get into the car, crank it up, drive of, turn steering wheel either to the right or left to turn, first there is a thumping/knocking sound, then the grinding, almost power steering kind of noise.....but I don't get the noise or thumps while driving, and cornering, only at drive-off. Also, I have noticed dark grease on rear fender, both sides, as well as front quarter panel. I am getting some jacking pucks, and off to the dealership she'll go. I can tell something is not right, and hopefully it won't be too long of a issue, but something is wrong, I can feel it. Will keep you posted.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:17 PM
DrivnXcitment
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

my 05 mn6 does this as well. The shudder when turning the wheels at a stop. It doesn't do it while driving. I will be interested to see if it's the hose or what.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Eros
Instructor

Originally Posted by DrivnXcitment
my 05 mn6 does this as well. The shudder when turning the wheels at a stop. It doesn't do it while driving. I will be interested to see if it's the hose or what.
It is almost scary, to hear and feel it, and then while you are cornering at 70 Mph in a curve, all is fine, so it seems, but I know something is going on, it started doing this about 4 weeks ago or so, and I never put Armorall on the tires, so i know it is not anything I put on the get the grease on the rear and front fenders......things that make you go.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Get notified of new replies

To Shutter and Growling

Quick Reply: Shutter and Growling