C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APS Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 08:42 PM
C6 Twin Turbo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default APS Exhaust System

Hello,
Has anyone out there installed an APS exhaust on a C6 with the A6 trans?
If so where modifications needed?
How do you like it?
Old 09-27-2006, 09:55 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Twin Turbo
Hello,
How do you like it?
Click on the link below to go to a posting in the "General" section of the forum. I just posted up some pictures for Mohamed, and in addition to the wicked body mods he has done, he's getting an APS TT installed, and there are a few pictures of work in progress (scroll down to about post #3). I think his car is an A4, and I don't know if that would make much difference in the work to be done. As far as performance, I don't know what difference there would be.

APS Twin Turbo pictures

I think it's still getting worked on, you can PM him and find out if there were any problems with the installation.

Bob
Old 09-28-2006, 12:43 AM
Brabus2
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Twin Turbo
Hello,
How do you like it?
Contact Shawn or Al at LAPD - 818.998.3966, I know for a fact they have installed it on an A6 as I've seen the car in the shop weeks ago. This evening Al fired up their current C6 APS M6 install included the APS exhaust, she sounded real nice and subtle at idle. dropping the hammer on the GO pedal you could hear the turbos spool!!! I personally would stick with my Bullets as I favor NOISE. The quality of the APS exhaust is superb, fit and finish are unmatched by most of the other exhaust products I've seen.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:45 AM
DTE Powertrain
Collections Hold

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We've not installed an APS exhaust system as of yet, but we have custom fabricated our own catalyst-equipped exhaust system for the 2005-'06 C6 Corvette models that uses high flow, stainless steel, metal matrix units and lays out quite well where none was before.
Attached Images  
Old 09-28-2006, 02:23 PM
MadBoost
Racer

Originally Posted by DynoTech Engineering
We've not installed an APS exhaust system as of yet, but we have custom fabricated our own catalyst-equipped exhaust system for the 2005-'06 C6 Corvette models that uses high flow, stainless steel, metal matrix units and lays out quite well where none was before.

Very nice. We discussed this exact procedure a few months ago on this forum. Dynatech, RandomTech, and my favorite MetalCat (from aussie) will all fit in that location on the factory midpipe.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:11 PM
0APS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DynoTech Engineering
Nice work to package those high flow cats into the stock exhaust, well done Phil.

From what I've experienced to date I believe that exhaust deal will be ideal for up to 550 whp, for 600 + whp applications I'd recommend that you go with a true dual 3'' exhaust with 3'' inlet/outlet high flow cats as in the pic below.

More info and pics at the link below. http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/co...xhaust/exh.htm

Peter
Old 10-10-2006, 07:30 AM
DTE Powertrain
Collections Hold

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by APS
Nice work to package those high flow cats into the stock exhaust, well done Phil.

From what I've experienced to date I believe that exhaust deal will be ideal for up to 550 whp, for 600 + whp applications I'd recommend that you go with a true dual 3'' exhaust with 3'' inlet/outlet high flow cats as in the pic below.

More info and pics at the link below. http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/co...xhaust/exh.htm

Peter
We'll look into this next time when we have more time to complete the project.

Phil- DTE

Get notified of new replies

To APS Exhaust System

Quick Reply: APS Exhaust System