C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Cost TPM Reset Tool

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 04:08 PM
TPM Guy
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Low Cost TPM Reset Tool

Bartec announces the Wheelrite TRACKSIDE tool, specifically designed to service and reset High Performance cars that have TPMS - such as the Corvette!

The same quality as its higher priced predecessor, the Trackside only works on the vehicle it is designed for. We've eliminated some bells and whistles to provide a lower cost option for High Performance users!

The Trackside is now available through our authorized distributors. The price for this tool is $199.95. Please go to our website or call us direct to find a distributor near you.

Visit our website for more information www.bartecusa.com or e-mail us at sales@bartecusa.com and we can get you a brochure!

Regards,

Scot

Last edited by TPM Guy; 12-11-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Blitz_
Instructor

I just spoke with Scott the GM. Great guy! They are sending my tool out next week. I'll let you know how it works.

Ralph
Old 10-06-2006, 07:34 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 834 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by TPM Guy
Bartec announces the Wheelrite TRACKSIDE tool, specifically designed to service and reset High Performance cars that have TPMS - such as the Corvette!

The same quality as its higher priced predecessor, the Trackside only works on the vehicle it is designed for. We've eliminated some bells and whistles to provide a lower cost option for High Performance users!

The special introductory price for the Corvette Forum is $109.95. This inlcudes the protective boot and storage pouch and shipping to the U.S.

Visit our website for more information www.bartecusa.com or e-mail us at sales@bartecusa.com and we can get you a brochure!

Regards,

Scot
Wow - that sounds great!!!

I remember early this year when you had some info on your Bartec tire sensor tools. You explained how it would work on all sensors on all different makes and models of cars and only cost something like $320.

Some of us on the forum told you we wanted a tool just like this new one - it didn't need to work on multiple sensors, it didn't need any bells-n-whistles, it just needed to excite the sensors on a C6 at a much cheaper price.

It looks like you listened and came out with just the right answer!!!

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 10-06-2006 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:49 PM
wratran
Burning Brakes

sorry for my ignorant,,,,what does this do,,,and why would you need it? Do you have to have it when you change out your tire
Old 10-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wratran
sorry for my ignorant,,,,what does this do,,,and why would you need it? Do you have to have it when you change out your tire
The pressure sensors are set-up for specific each corner on the car, if you change positions (like when installing new tires) you can reset the pressure sensors to their new location on the car. Also for guys who have two sets of wheels both with sensors (street set and a track set) they need to re-learn the sensors each time they switch wheelsets.

All that being said, most regular Corvette owners will not need this tool.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:24 PM
bub
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 111 Posts

Good work Scot.

Bump for ya...
Old 10-08-2006, 05:35 AM
Gundam
Pro

Where/when can we purchase this?
Old 10-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Blitz_
Instructor

Well, I got mine and it works like a champ. I did a test setup with my Hoosier R6s and reset the sensors. It worked as advertised.

The tool is high quality. It has a rubber housing to protect it, and comes with a carring case. I was surprised at the quality in fact! I was expection something cheaper, but this tool is high quality. It's very simple to use - one button does it all. I highly recommend this if you 1) have race tires w/sensors like me (it's great having sensor info while you are racing), or 2) you rotate your tires (left to right if you have non-directional tires) like I do. I no longer worry about if it's left/right that I'm mounting. I reporgram the compter with every tire swap...

Thanks Scott!

Ralph

Last edited by Blitz_; 10-21-2006 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:31 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Will this tool work on the TPM's on a 2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan too? If so I need one.

The Honda service manager said the Honda's automatically know what position the tires are on so you don't need to reset them after rotating the tires. Yea right. That would be some magic.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:55 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 834 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Will this tool work on the TPM's on a 2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan too? If so I need one.....
I don't know, but read the info posted by Scot the Bartec guy:

Originally Posted by TPM Guy
Bartec announces the Wheelrite TRACKSIDE tool......
The same quality as its higher priced predecessor, the Trackside only works on the vehicle it is designed for. We've eliminated some bells and whistles to provide a lower cost option for High Performance users!........
Regards,

Scot
You can see it says it's only designed to work with the vehicle it was designed for. I think our C6 sensors require a simple continuous wave transmission to excite them. So, if the the Honda Odyssey sensors work with a continuous wave, then the Trackside should work on them also.

If the Odyssey sensors require a modulated wave transmission (or something different than the C6 sensors require), it sounds like the Bartec Trackside won't work on them.

Bob
Old 10-23-2006, 02:44 AM
kelp
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just used mine this weekend for racing.

Works flawlessly.

Get notified of new replies

To New Low Cost TPM Reset Tool

Quick Reply: New Low Cost TPM Reset Tool