C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 AH/TC -- does tire rake really matter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 03:41 AM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Default C6 AH/TC -- does tire rake really matter?

I'm looking very seriously at going to 18" wheels F & R. Doing this with the tires I want to run will mean that the tire diameter will be the same F & R. I've read about maintaining the rake by having larger dia. tires in the rear but I haven't seen anything saying that it was absolutely necessary -- or couldn't be gotten around -- but I may have missed it.

Some questions:
I know for track events and auto-x it's common (perhaps with AH/TC off) to run the same tires F & R but what about on the C6 as a daily driver?
Will there be a problem with the computer with regards to active handling or traction control?
Or will the computer "learn" over a period of time?
If not, can the system be tuned to accept the new tires and wheels absent the rake?

I prefer to keep AH/TC on most of the time unless racing.

--Dan
Old 10-10-2006, 03:50 AM
excessive81
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have yet to reprogram mine n i got new/bigger rims and tires 6 mths ago. the car will freak out/tell you to check the system after abut a hour and a half of strat driving time. if reprogramed u can get away with it
Old 10-10-2006, 10:20 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Easy solution to your question would be to run an 18" rear tire that's the same diameter as the 285/35/19 stock tire. No problems with A/H that way.

The Tire Rack site gives diameters of most of the tires they sell.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:40 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by black05c6z51
i have yet to reprogram mine n i got new/bigger rims and tires 6 mths ago. the car will freak out/tell you to check the system after abut a hour and a half of strat driving time. if reprogramed u can get away with it
What program/hardware allows this? Do you know if the available tuning software works?
Old 10-10-2006, 01:46 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by haljensen
Easy solution to your question would be to run an 18" rear tire that's the same diameter as the 285/35/19 stock tire. No problems with A/H that way.

The Tire Rack site gives diameters of most of the tires they sell.
I am aware of this solution but I didn't find any options to go to wider stickier tires that were also affordable. I'm looking at the Falken 615s -- 275 F & 315 R. Do you know of something specific that I overlooked?

Get notified of new replies

To C6 AH/TC -- does tire rake really matter?

Quick Reply: C6 AH/TC -- does tire rake really matter?