C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Callaway's Double-D Exhaust System.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Dbl6gun
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Callaway's Double-D Exhaust System.....

I know everyone has bantered back and fourth about what exhaust system they prefer .....but what about Callaway's Double-D Exhaust System? Does anyone here have that system, or has anyone heard it? I've not seen it in person myself.

http://callawaycars.com/store/index....=2&prevstart=0

:

Last edited by Dbl6gun; 11-04-2006 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Dbl6gun
Drifting

ttt
Old 11-05-2006, 04:46 AM
Gundam
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it on my car. You either love the tips or you hate them. In terms of sound, it is fairly mild (it is under the legal DB limit.) I can't compare it to other exhausts in real life simply because I haven't heard any C6's with other exhausts...but from clips from the internet, I suppose they are a little bit louder then Corsa Tourings but not as loud as the sports. They have a relatively deep tone, and a noticable increase in idle volume. It sounds real nice and fairly agressive when you stomp on it. Hope that helps.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:20 AM
LAXTPS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, dont like the look,
Old 11-05-2006, 08:21 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Default Dd

I prefer double D'S on my women! I heard DD'S at CARLISLE'S last August.They are way to quiet for my taste and I,for one,can't get past those ugly *** tips,regardless of sound.
The following users liked this post:
bigjeff1222 (07-22-2021)
Old 11-05-2006, 09:15 AM
*89x2*
Team Owner

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbl6gun
I know everyone has bantered back and fourth about what exhaust system they prefer .....but what about Callaway's Double-D Exhaust System? Does anyone here have that system, or has anyone heard it? I've not seen it in person myself.

http://callawaycars.com/store/index....=2&prevstart=0

:

After spending about 20k mi. in a few different Corvettes w/ the Callaway Double-D exhaust, I have to say it is uniquely different than the "rest of the bunch" out there.

No drone, period. It passed the "wife test," as my wife hates cars that buzz, drone, or otherwise give headaches. She & I can actually hold a conversation in the car(s) at any speed.

re: the look, that is subjective. I suppose if you wanted to have tips like everyone else out there, there are plenty of those exhaust systems out there.

If you want an exhaust proven to add power, without drone, and offer a uniquely styled tip design, the choice is Double-D

Enjoy!

p.s. here is an exhaust clip video from the Callaway site: http://www.callawaycars.com/callaway...VideoClips.htm
Old 11-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Dbl6gun
Drifting

Hey fellas, thanks for the feedback. I was snooping around Callaway's web site and spotted the link to the exhaust system "they" install ....and was curious. As far as looks ....tips can be changed to suit the owner ....as far as sound, and performance, that's a different ballgame than the "looks" department.

I'm going to do some more research. Next year, I plan on taking the C6 I am going to purchase to either LPE ...OR ...Callaway.

Other than perhaps a slight difference in cost, LPE and Callaway both are stellar operations. I can't make up my mind which outfit I want to pick for my C^ upgrade. I've known about both companies from 25 years of "Hot Rod" & "Vette" magazine reading.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jesse12804
I prefer double D'S on my women! I heard DD'S at CARLISLE'S last August.They are way to quiet for my taste and I,for one,can't get past those ugly *** tips,regardless of sound.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:25 AM
FLGiordano
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been driving around with the Callaway for about a month now. Yes, it is within the legal sound limit anywhere, but it also seems to lower the pitch of the exhaust. It has a nice rumble on startup and idle and makes the most noticeable deep sound at about 1500 to 1700 RPM. At full throttle, I don't think it sounds much different than the stock setup. My wife loves it and, yes, we can still carry on a conversation. The fit and quality are outstanding. As far as the tips are concerned, they grow on you. I wasn't sure I'd like them from the pictures, but in the "flesh", they look good on the car. As previously stated, no drone. Initially I thought there was a little at 1500 RPM, but it seems to have disappeared after they broke in a little. Callaway claims a 74% increase in flow over stock. This is higher than the Corsas. Basically, I think this is a keeper, but it won't do for the boy racers who just have to let everyone within a 1000 yards know they are coming.

Get notified of new replies

To Callaway's Double-D Exhaust System.....

Quick Reply: Callaway's Double-D Exhaust System.....