C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help re check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:47 PM
benspruce
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Help re check engine light

Had mods installed last December: cam, heads, headders, stinger cai, dyno tune. Check engine light would occasionally come on and then go dark. Check engine light has been on this past week so I went to an auto shop and had a scan. Here are the results: Codes PO430catalyst efficiency low bank 2. PO300 random missfires detected. All other primary computers show no codes. Due to the radical idle the PO300will always be present because crankshaft speed from cylinder to cylinder is used to check missfires. The catalyst efficiency code shows converter failure by compareing pre converter oxygen sensor activity to post converter oxygen sensor activity. Only 1 bank has failed so the converter may actually have been ruined by now from excess idle missfires allowing unburned gases to overheat the converter.
The tech said that the car probably would have never passed the Calif sniff test from the day I drove it out of the shop which did the mods.
Can anyone tell me what I can do to get rid of these codes? What is the solution? Thanks fellow forum members
Old 12-06-2006, 08:29 AM
HITMAN99
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The codes can be edited out with any of several tuning packages such as HPTuners, LS2 Edit, EFILive, etc.

I doubt that your cat is fried, the P0420 and P0430 codes are very common with aftermarket cats, especially Random Tech's.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:57 PM
UDRIVESLOW
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who did your tune?????
if they missed that id ? what else they screwed up on.......
hope they didnt do all the other work......
mabe they ****** up on somthing?????

udriveslow
Old 12-06-2006, 04:09 PM
DJackman
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by HITMAN99
The codes can be edited out with any of several tuning packages such as HPTuners, LS2 Edit, EFILive, etc.

I doubt that your cat is fried, the P0420 and P0430 codes are very common with aftermarket cats, especially Random Tech's.
Hi flow cats are not OBD II compliant because it is a 2 way cat instead of the OEM 3 way. The computer will pick it up. So anyone with high-flow cats its a matter of time till they get the P0402 / P0403. You will have to get the 02 tuned out.

Get notified of new replies

To Help re check engine light

Quick Reply: Help re check engine light