C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My NAV/Radio Screen BLANK!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 01:03 PM
marshall5758
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default My NAV/Radio Screen BLANK!!

I put the car into storage 4 weeks ago. I went out yesterday to start it and let it warm up. The Nav/Radio screen would not come on. The radio worked fine. I could change channels with the controls on the steering wheel or rocker switches next to the screen. It was about 34 degrees outside, but, I thought it should be on. I wondered if the screen shuts off when the temperature drops. I let the car warm up for 15 min and still nothing from the screen. Is there something I am missing? It looks like a trip back to the dealer in the spring.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:49 PM
MADinAK
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'14

Mine has done it twice so far. The first time was when I was driving it daily. I started it up and drove off to towards work and noticed the screen was dark. I got to work and shut down and restarted and it then worked fine. The second time was this winter. I went out to the garage to test out a new CD I had burned and the screen was dark again. I got out of the car, closed the door, and waited for the interior lights to go out. I then reentered the car hit acc. mode and everything worked fine. Looks like a small glitch somewhere.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:50 AM
T-BONE05
Instructor

I have found that mine does it under 2 different conditions.

1.) When it is cold. I live in Dallas and it still gets cold in the winter at times and I don't have a heated garage. I'll start up the car and drive to work, usually about 25 minuntes, turn the car off and then turn it back on and the screen appears.

2.) Even if it does not get cold, and I don't start it for ac ouple of weeks, it'll do the same thing.

After going around with the dealer about it I just gave up trying to resolve it. If it ever goes out i'll just go aftermarket. This is the last domestic car i'll ever buy anyway.

Todd
Old 12-20-2006, 09:06 PM
ScotW
Instructor

Mine did this several weeks ago. I drove to the Chevy dealer and was able to show them the problem before shutting off the car. It has done this a number of times in the past, and shutting off power and restarting it has always restored the screen. They have agreed to replace my radio, again. The first one had the same problem, among others. It seems to fail most often in damp 30-40 degree weather.

Get notified of new replies

To My NAV/Radio Screen BLANK!!

Quick Reply: My NAV/Radio Screen BLANK!!