C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Header install: O2 sensor wiring routing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 11:57 AM
jdenny21
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LG Header install: O2 sensor wiring routing?

Those of you who are running the rear O2 sensors, can you please give me an idea of the most efficient way to route the wiring for the rear sensors will keeping them away from the heat.

Also, if this involves drilling a hole through the center plate, does it need to be unbolted and removed before drilling holes? I do not want to drive through anything else and am unsure what resides behind the tunnel plate. Anyway, removing the plate seems pretty inefficient and time consuming, but let me know.
Thanks for the help.
John
Old 03-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Julian@Cartek
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We use wire straps to bolt the harness to the trans tunnel so the wire doesn’t sag and burn on the exhaust. There available from most auto parts store and easy to install.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:09 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Julian@Cartek
We use wire straps to bolt the harness to the trans tunnel so the wire doesn’t sag and burn on the exhaust. There available from most auto parts store and easy to install.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:18 PM
jdenny21
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drilling through the tunnel plate...

For those of you that have drilled a hole in order to route the O2 sensor wires on the tops side of the tunnel plate, did you remove the plate from the car before drilling? If not, how did you know you wouldn't damage anything behind the plate?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Flareside
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I removed the plate before drilling holes for the wires. With an 8mm nut driver in a cordless drill, it's 5 minutes work.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:40 PM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran the rear O2 extensions along the tunnel using 3 P-clamps (wire clamps) held with the plate bolts. I also wrapped the connectors with header tape.

Get notified of new replies

To LG Header install: O2 sensor wiring routing?

Quick Reply: LG Header install: O2 sensor wiring routing?