C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remote wire for Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Chevelle71
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default remote wire for Stereo

I just got an amp and sub for my bose system but do not know which wires are the remote, RL and RR. Can anyone help?

I was also told that alot of people have problems with speaker level inputs on the Bose system if connecting the speaker wires after it has passed through the stock amplifier. So im guessing i need to tap the wires directly at the back of the radio rather than at the speakers?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:27 AM
dgcarver
Racer

The bose system uses a seperate main amp from the head unit. The main amp is in the area behind the passenger foot area. In addition, the signals for the subs are passed thru thre main amp to the door subs which have built in amps. I suggest you get copies of the wiring diagrams before you start modifying. I have pdf copies of the wiring diagrams in you want. PM me you email address and I will send them to you. My diagrams are for the Bose with the Nav system.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Chevelle71
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dgcarver
The bose system uses a seperate main amp from the head unit. The main amp is in the area behind the passenger foot area. In addition, the signals for the subs are passed thru thre main amp to the door subs which have built in amps. I suggest you get copies of the wiring diagrams before you start modifying. I have pdf copies of the wiring diagrams in you want. PM me you email address and I will send them to you. My diagrams are for the Bose with the Nav system.
Thanks for the info. I will not be fooling with the door speakers but rather the rear speakers. I think i will be ok if i tap the wire ahead of the amp, but i would really appreciate the schematics. Better safe than sorry You can email them to Bryan4045@bellsouth.net.

Get notified of new replies

To remote wire for Stereo

Quick Reply: remote wire for Stereo