C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument Cluster Bezel R&R

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 04:11 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,582 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Default Instrument Cluster Bezel R&R

I finally got around to installing my 08 IP Bezel that I got from GMPartsHouse.com - Thanks Gene.

I had asked on the forum for any tips or gotchas in the installation because the instructions in the service manual were a little on the weak side to say the least. 3 whole steps and one tip - lower the steering column fully - duh!

As it turns out there isn't all that much to it. There are nine spade clips (for lack of a better term) as shown in the below pic:

It is easiest to start on the left side where you can get a good grip and pull out from the bottom. Knowing where the clips are is helpful. Once the bottom is loose, you will be able to get the top two down and out.

There are (on a vert with no power top) 5 electrical connectors:

Starter switch module, air sensor (beside the starter switch) and panel/courtesy light. On the top there are the DIC switches and (if you have one) the HUD switch. There is one connector for each module. These connectors are a pain to remove while still in the bezel so I removed the modules - three small Phillips screws each (if you look closely in the above pic you can see the screws.) Once the modules are out, you can remove the plugs easily.

Installation is the reverse. Done in 30 min.

In as much as there have been several threads about the starter switch falling out, I thought it would be useful to show how it is installed.

Here is the switch:

Here is where it goes:

Some have removed the knee bolster to put it back. I think it would be much easier to pull the IP bezel.

JD
Old 09-25-2007, 07:26 PM
toro1966
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write up! Thanks JD! I am getting ready to install my AO bezel. Can't wait to see how it looks installed.
Cheers!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

John,

Nice write-up and thanks for the plug. You did a good job!

Thanks, Gene.

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Old 11-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Zteve
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gene Culley
John,

Nice write-up and thanks for the plug. You did a good job!

Thanks, Gene.

Damn I love this forum. This is exactly what I needed to know tonight to install my HUD switches. Had the cluster bezel in and out in minutes.

Get notified of new replies

To Instrument Cluster Bezel R&R

Quick Reply: Instrument Cluster Bezel R&R