C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active handling/traction control?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:26 PM
toro1966
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Active handling/traction control?

To be truthful, I have never played with the button on the center console for these until today. I read the posts I could find on the subject here on the forum and I also read the manual. As far as I can tell, this is what the button does - please tell me if I am wrong.

- Push the button once and traction control is off. (active handling is still active)
- Push the button again and you go into competitive driving mode which is a reduced traction control with active handling still on.
- Push the button a third time and both TC and AH are back on.
- If you push and hold the button down for a few seconds, they will both be disabled.

Does that sound about right to you guys?

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Evilways
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-05-2007, 01:37 PM
vette-oholic
Melting Slicks

I may be wrong, but i thought ...

competetive mode = turns off TC, but makes AH less intrusive

?

Originally Posted by toro1966
To be truthful, I have never played with the button on the center console for these until today. I read the posts I could find on the subject here on the forum and I also read the manual. As far as I can tell, this is what the button does - please tell me if I am wrong.

- Push the button once and traction control is off. (active handling is still active)
- Push the button again and you go into competitive driving mode which is a reduced traction control with active handling still on.
- If you push and hold the button down for a few seconds, they will both be disabled.

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:58 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks!
2nd push of the button gives Comp mode, BUT;Comp mode = NO electronic Traction control and reduced Active Handling intrusion.

Push and hold the button for aprx.10 sec and the DIC will state T/C and A/H Off.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:01 PM
vette-oholic
Melting Slicks

I ahve to disagree... I dont think it's nearly 10 seconds to disable TC and AH. I would say it's 3 or 4 seconds max.

Originally Posted by haljensen
2nd push of the button gives Comp mode, BUT;Comp mode = NO electronic Traction control and reduced Active Handling intrusion.

Push and hold the button for aprx.10 sec and the DIC will state T/C and A/H Off.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:13 PM
redline_ken
Racer

Would competitive mode be used to launch on the dragstrip then? Or is there a chance you'd just go around in circles with TC off?
Old 10-08-2007, 12:41 PM
toro1966
Pro

Originally Posted by vette-oholic
I ahve to disagree... I dont think it's nearly 10 seconds to disable TC and AH. I would say it's 3 or 4 seconds max.
Timed it. Took 9 seconds on mine yesterday.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:24 PM
vette-oholic
Melting Slicks

most launch in TC off because this allows for the most AH intrusion.
Comp mode would be too risky if u were to lose control due to oil, etc.

Originally Posted by redline_ken
Would competitive mode be used to launch on the dragstrip then? Or is there a chance you'd just go around in circles with TC off?
Old 10-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,070 Likes on 593 Posts

I've always used Comp. mode both in my 99 & 06. That's just in case things get squirrelly. Seems to work for me.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:52 PM
vette-oholic
Melting Slicks

Anyone know the approximate % difference that AH acitvates when in normal mode vs comp mode?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:29 PM
07 Z51
Pro

Timed it. Took 9 seconds on mine yesterday.
Just did it out in the parking lot. Same: 8-9 seconds. Funny though, the first time I did it (back in April 07), I thought it happened in like 3-4 seconds. Now, I do it everytime I get in the car and it seems like forever.

As for the guy that thinks the car will just spin around with all of the cybernannies turned off, my answer is "No, it will not spin around like a driedel on Chanukah UNLESS you want it to".

I turn it all off when I am getting on it. Not only is it more fun, I know it is all me that is doing the wonderfully masterful driving.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:29 PM
C6vsTheWorld
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 07 Z51
Just did it out in the parking lot. Same: 8-9 seconds. Funny though, the first time I did it (back in April 07), I thought it happened in like 3-4 seconds. Now, I do it everytime I get in the car and it seems like forever.

As for the guy that thinks the car will just spin around with all of the cybernannies turned off, my answer is "No, it will not spin around like a driedel on Chanukah UNLESS you want it to".

I turn it all off when I am getting on it. Not only is it more fun, I know it is all me that is doing the wonderfully masterful driving.
but with worn out tires i keep mine firmly on at all times
Old 10-08-2007, 08:45 PM
50th year
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 55 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Doess the competitive mode show on the Dic like it did on my c5?

Ron

Get notified of new replies

To Active handling/traction control?

Quick Reply: Active handling/traction control?