C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Sport/Xtreme Vs. SLP Loudmouth II Need Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 12:05 PM
C2RMartinez
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Sport/Xtreme Vs. SLP Loudmouth II Need Feedback

I have been back and forth between Corsa Sport/ Xtreme, or the SLP loudmouth II System. I am not running headers but have a X-pipe on my LS3, and I am wondering what kind of Drone/Resonance issues I would be up against with the SLP system. I know Corsa has nearly eliminated Drone & Resonance, but I have never heard anything about the SLP Loudmouth II system. Anyone who has installed either system I would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
C2

Old 03-19-2008, 05:53 PM
07 Z51
Pro

I have ridden in my friend's car with SLP LM and it drones (boy does it drone)
Old 03-19-2008, 06:29 PM
TroutfishinEMT
Safety Car

There is a member on here who will quickly chime in about how corsa has "NO DRONE".

That being said, the other guy who posted mentioned the SLP Loudmouths and not the Loudmouth II's (which are a little more tame).

I think if you're talking Corsa Extremes, you are going to have some drone, they are just too aggressive, and holy crap, they sound good - with a milder exhaust, like Corsa Sports, you may not have drone issues.

I have BB Bullets, and they drone like a sumbitch, but I don't care - I love the way they sound... I even like the "drone" cruising on the highway, and at WOT, on the road, they are my cup of tea.... it's kind of a toss-up, finding an "extreme" sounding exhaust that doesn't "drone" on the hway.

There are multiple threads on here about exhausts - Good luck finding the right exhaust for you.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:46 AM
gagliano7
Heel & Toe

I had the lm2 on my 2005 gto(with headers) and the drone was terrible and the sound wasn't that great.I replaced it with the corsa sport no drone and the sound was great.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:56 PM
C2RMartinez
Advanced

Thanks For the input guys, I think I am leaning towards the Corsa, still kicking around between thge sports and the xtremes. My old 2005 had a custom made Flowmaster system, and it was just way too much drone, but it sounded great when getting on it. Thinking The xtremes with an X-pipe might be the best bet for now, but the sports with Kooks long tube headers would be the #1 choice, but also too much $$$. Thanks for all your guys help, and I will let ya'll know what I decide on.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:00 AM
C2RMartinez
Advanced

Went with the Corsa Sports... works better as a daily driver. Sounds awesome, and couldn't be happier. Thanks for the input.
-C2
Old 03-27-2008, 12:16 AM
NIGHTSTALKER
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you made the right choice.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:56 AM
KMK454
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Corsa Sports are an interesting exhaust...

On a stock ride, they were too quiet for me and sounded blah. No drone, though.

With LG Long Tube Headers, they sounded amazing, if a bit tinny, though I liked it. Very little drone (MN6 to control RPMs) but amazing sound on WOT. The volume range was huge; simple cruising was stealthy, flooring it and being nuts made a lot of noise.

With a cam, they are now loud all the time. At stock idle, they are a good bit louder, and under throttle in all conditions they make more noise. The sound is good, though people accustomed to a V8 having a booming, bassy exhaust will think the Corsas make it sound like a V6. I think it sounds more like a European-tuned V8, and I really like the sound. The only problem is, they're at the point where they straddle the fine line between loud and too loud...

If you're sticking to bolt-ons, though, nothing beats Corsas and Long Tubes. If you're going beyond that, just be advised that the Sports get a lot louder with more and more mods...
Old 03-27-2008, 10:21 AM
GizmoZ
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Drone is an subjective matter. I have the Corsa Extremes with LG long tubes and cats and they don't drone to my ears. Sure, you can absolutely hear the exhaust almost all of the time, and if you're lugging along the interstate in 6th gear and your car pulls itself up a hill they're gonna hum pretty loudly, but they don't RESONATE inside the cabin like the Bullets I had.

Anything over half throttle and they absolutely wail. Anything less than that and they're a mellow sounding delight.

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa Sport/Xtreme Vs. SLP Loudmouth II Need Feedback

Quick Reply: Corsa Sport/Xtreme Vs. SLP Loudmouth II Need Feedback