C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"New APR Product For Your C6 Corvette"

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:31 PM
BursethRacing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "New APR Product For Your C6 Corvette"

APR Front Air Dam for Corvette C6 2005+

It is common to see new sports cars designed with factory undertrays and other advanced aerodynamic components to produce “zero-lift”. Although these components are great at reducing lift, they may not bring the added stability and traction road racers are looking for when taking fast turns. APR Performance utilizes these components and integrates them with a Front Air Dam.

The APR Front Air Dam for the C6 Corvette goes beyond reducing lift and increases stability & downforce at high speeds. This Front Air Dam utilizes a built in aerodynamic splitter design that improves high speed maneuverability and traction. By creating a high pressure region of air atop the protruding surface, downforce is exerted upon the Front Air Dam.

Integral to the Front Air Dam is the lower undertray design that allows for a smoother flow of air below the front bumper to create more efficient downforce. Cut out sections of the lower undertray design also retain the functionality of the Corvette’s brake system cooling ducts. Asides from all the performance benefits, the Front Air Dam also adds an aggressive yet functional appearance to the C6 Corvette.

We are taking preorders the product will be realesed in the next 6-8 weeks.

http://bursethracing.com/products/sf...productID/5633

Burseth Racing LLC
1292 Humbracht Cir Unit E
Bartlett,IL 60103
(630)213-3456
www.bursethracing.com
bursethracing@sbcglobal.net
Old 04-04-2008, 01:53 PM
AndrewZPSU
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks interesting, I'd like to see some data on it like how much it actually helps. Also how resistant is it to the bumps on the road (scraping, shaking, etc) as the vette is already waaay to low to begin with.

I also don't know about that black ironing board you got attached there....
Old 04-04-2008, 02:25 PM
BursethRacing
Racer

Originally Posted by AndrewZPSU
Looks interesting, I'd like to see some data on it like how much it actually helps. Also how resistant is it to the bumps on the road (scraping, shaking, etc) as the vette is already waaay to low to begin with.

I also don't know about that black ironing board you got attached there....
Send me your email and I can send you the data. You should have no problem not scraping because the stock c6 is higher then the c6 z06. From the pic here of my c6 z06 doesnt scrape on the street.

As far as the APR wing for the C6 and the C6 Z06. Its not for every one. But from our clients that race there C6 and C6 Z06 they love the Front Air Dam and the Race Wing on the Track.

Burseth Racing LLC
(630)213-3456
www.bursethracing.com
Old 04-08-2008, 04:19 PM
BursethRacing
Racer

APR Front Air Dam Chevy Corvette C6 Z06 06+

http://www.bursethracing.com/product...productID/5369

APR Front Air Dam Chevy Corvette C6 Z06 06+

It is common to see new sports cars designed with factory undertrays and other advanced aerodynamic components to produce zero-lift. Although these components are great at reducing lift, they may not bring the added stability and traction road racers are looking for when taking fast turns. APR Performance utilizes these components and integrates them with a Front Air Dam.

The APR Front Air Dam for the C6 Corvette Z06 goes beyond reducing lift and increases stability & downforce at high speeds. This Front Air Dam utilizes a built in aerodynamic splitter design that improves high speed maneuverability and traction. By creating a high pressure region of air atop the protruding surface, downforce is exerted upon the Front Air Dam.

Integral to the Front Air Dam is the lower undertray design that allows for a smoother flow of air below the front bumper to create more efficient downforce. Cut out sections of the lower undertray design also retain the functionality of the Corvettes brake system cooling ducts. Asides from all the performance benefits, the Front Air Dam also adds an aggressive yet functional appearance to the C6 Corvette Z06.

"This does not come with APR Logo on the APR Front Air Dam.Also this is made of Carbon Fiber."

APR GTC-500 Adjustable Wing Chevy Corvette C6/Z06 05+

http://www.bursethracing.com/product...productID/5368

APR GTC-500 Adjustable Wing Chevy Corvette C6/Z06 05+

When it comes to racing, every second counts. APR Performance Adjustable Wings can give you that edge to achieve faster lap times. By reducing lift and increasing downforce, you can gain extra traction during high speed cornering.

Although adjustable wings aren?t specifically a suspension component, they play a crucial role to the handling characteristics of a car. By adjusting the angle of attack on an adjustable wing, you can dial in the amount of downforce for better car control. This allows your car to have more or less oversteer characteristics, giving you additional control to tune the rear traction of your car.

The World's Widest Aftermarket Adjustable GT Wing

APR Performance's newest addition to the GTC Series is the GTC-500 Carbon Fiber Adjustable Wing. Spanning 70 inches, the GTC-500 is the largest aftermarket adjustable wing available. With its optimized 3D airfoil shape, the GTC-500 is perfect for high speed touring applications and supplies an ample amount of downforce without causing excess drag.

All GTC Series wings feature an aerodynamic 3D designed airfoil shape to obtain the optimal balance of downforce. This design allows for a reduction in drag, yet maintains an ideal level of downforce. Each GTC Series airfoil is composed of lightweight and durable carbon fiber composite. Supporting the carbon fiber airfoils are 10mm "aircraft grade" 6061 billet aluminum pedestals that come in a flat black powder coat finish.

Burseth Racing LLC
(630)213-3456
bursethracing@sbcglobal.net
www.bursethracing.com
Old 04-08-2008, 09:39 PM
GunKata
Pro

oh wow, the Z one looks MUCH better, IMHO. Any chance you will have one similar to that for the normal C6?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:06 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

The real issue is that the stock C6 front fascia looks terrible with a chin spoiler. It's too rounded near the bottom so they have to be made large enough to hide this. The ZO6 does not have this problem therefore it's made smaller, probably lighter, and looks a million times better.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:30 AM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BursethRacing
Send me your email and I can send you the data. You should have no problem not scraping because the stock c6 is higher then the c6 z06. From the pic here of my c6 z06 doesnt scrape on the street.

As far as the APR wing for the C6 and the C6 Z06. Its not for every one. But from our clients that race there C6 and C6 Z06 they love the Front Air Dam and the Race Wing on the Track.

Burseth Racing LLC
(630)213-3456
www.bursethracing.com

Can't you just post the data here? I am waiting to see actual testing data as well as an answer as to whether or not the GM racing spoiler on the rear will be large enough to balance the level of downforce needed in the rear to work well with the front splitter. Also would like to know if the splitter is paintable and some pics of a painted one on car would be helpful as well.

Last edited by C6400hp; 04-09-2008 at 12:33 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To "New APR Product For Your C6 Corvette"

Quick Reply: "New APR Product For Your C6 Corvette"