C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 paddle shifter upgrade to 2008 specs

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:11 PM
richbopp
Melting Slicks

Location: Park City to SoCal - according to the map it's all down hill. No bad days in Indian Wells, California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2007 paddle shifter upgrade to 2008 specs

My father-in-law has a 2007 with paddle shifters. He experiences the lag on upshift that has been reported as fixed on the 2008. (I'm have an 02 Z06 6 speed manual so I can't relate) Anyway, I did a search and can't find this.

Has anyone tried to get the dealer to program the 2007 paddle shift tranny with the 2008 program ?

Thaks,

Rich
Old 04-09-2008, 09:26 PM
C5pilot
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, there's tons of talk about lag on this forum but it's from a few unrelated issues.

My quick answer is, no dealer is going to load an 08 program into an 07 Corvette. There is no good reason for a dealer to even attempt it and it's probably not even possible using their hardware. Heck, dealers don't even want to update your software with one written FOR your car unless you beg them and prove you're having an issue. GM's stance is "Don't fix it if it aint COMPLETELY broke".
Old 04-10-2008, 11:57 AM
richbopp
Melting Slicks

Location: Park City to SoCal - according to the map it's all down hill. No bad days in Indian Wells, California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks.......... funny thing is the tech at Champion Chevrolet here in the desert suggested he take it to an aftermarket shop.

And then the next time it's in the dealer for service they'll scream that it's been modded and void the warranty.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:35 PM
pmj341
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

i have an 07 C6 A6 and i had a similar problem, you're right the dealer did not know how or did not want to. so i spent the time and money and took it to B P Products in Dania, Fl he not only fixed the shifting but also unleashed 45 hp. the car now shifts a lot firmer and under wot operations when shifting to 2nd breaks the tires loose. the paddle shifter works great in upshift or downshift.
Ernie at B P products did a great job, give him a call.
Phil
Old 04-13-2008, 03:37 PM
LS2POWA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had RevXtreme do their Tranny flash on my 07 A6, made a night and day difference.

About a week later had to take my car to the shop for the p.i.t.a key fob/dead battery problem, and the three times it was in there, they had the scan tool plugged in and never mentioned anything about the new tune. i get lucky tho, i always have the same guy working on my car, and he loves the vettes.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Do they make a Hypertech type gizmo to program the Vette?
I have a $300 Hypertech off of eBay that attaches by cable under the steering wheel of my '02 Suburban, and one thing it does is quicken and firm up the automatic shifting.

http://www.hypertech-inc.com/programmer.html
Old 04-13-2008, 07:26 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

I haven't heard good evidence yet that the 08 shifting was noticeably faster than the 07. Some claim it is a split second faster but it's still lags. For certain it will not compare with any good A6 tune.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:34 PM
pmj341
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Old 04-14-2008, 06:26 PM
C5pilot
Race Director

Originally Posted by Hoonose
Do they make a Hypertech type gizmo to program the Vette?
I have a $300 Hypertech off of eBay that attaches by cable under the steering wheel of my '02 Suburban, and one thing it does is quicken and firm up the automatic shifting.

http://www.hypertech-inc.com/programmer.html
Yes, a Predator programmer (make sure you get the correct one for your year). I will be putting mine up for sale any day now, complete with cables and power supply for an 06-07. I bought HPtuners so don't need it anymore.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:34 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
I haven't heard good evidence yet that the 08 shifting was noticeably faster than the 07. Some claim it is a split second faster but it's still lags. For certain it will not compare with any good A6 tune.

On the upshift there is not much if any difference between the 06/07 and the 08 6spAT, however on the downshift the 08 is much improved with revmatching being the big improvement and tighter downshift.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:16 AM
TLewis4095
Le Mans Master

Only a good custom tune can fix the A6 lag, I'm not aware of any of the handhelds with this ability. We do the A6 tune alone for $99 while you wait or a complete dyno tune for $349 special right now
Old 04-17-2008, 09:29 AM
jrpedraza
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C5pilot
Yes, a Predator programmer (make sure you get the correct one for your year). I will be putting mine up for sale any day now, complete with cables and power supply for an 06-07. I bought HPtuners so don't need it anymore.
To my knowledge (unless something has been released recently), Predator tuners do not have the capability to flash the transmission on our 'Vettes; it is something they have been working on for a very long time but as of yet there have been no releases. I too am anxiously awaiting this update.

JR
Old 04-17-2008, 11:41 AM
C5pilot
Race Director

Originally Posted by jrpedraza
To my knowledge (unless something has been released recently), Predator tuners do not have the capability to flash the transmission on our 'Vettes; it is something they have been working on for a very long time but as of yet there have been no releases. I too am anxiously awaiting this update.

JR
HOONOSE only asked if handhelds such as the Hypertech were available... The answer is yes, and I have one for sale ( http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1998533 ). I agree, it will be a very nice update when they add trans tuning.

Letting RevExtreme tune your car is an even better option for those nearby. Tracy knows his sh*t.

BTW, Tracy, will you be going to the Corvette Challenge National in Richmond in May? Will/can you tune there? I can't tell you how cool that would be.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:57 AM
jrpedraza
Burning Brakes

HOONOSE only asked if handhelds such as the Hypertech were available... The answer is yes, and I have one for sale ( http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1998533 ). I agree, it will be a very nice update when they add trans tuning.

Letting RevExtreme tune your car is an even better option for those nearby. Tracy knows his sh*t.

BTW, Tracy, will you be going to the Corvette Challenge National in Richmond in May? Will/can you tune there? I can't tell you how cool that would be.
Gotcha.....

'can't wait for the folks over at Predator to release the 'trans tune' upgrade...

JR
Old 04-17-2008, 11:58 AM
TLewis4095
Le Mans Master

We are scheduled to be there & racing, but not sure on the tuning. Let me see what we can do.....I'm sure the demand for the "Bracket Tune" would be high.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:29 PM
C5pilot
Race Director

Originally Posted by TLewis4095
I'm sure the demand for the "Bracket Tune" would be high.
Bracket Tune??? Oh, now you have my complete attention. Is this something I need to call you about or can you explain it here?
Old 04-18-2008, 02:04 PM
rayainsw
Racer

Default rev match

Originally Posted by DCBE

On the upshift there is not much if any difference between the 06/07 and the 08 6spAT, however on the downshift the 08 is much improved with revmatching being the big improvement and tighter downshift.
And yet, the C6 Brochure for my 2007 states:

"Squeeze either of the two steering wheel-mounted paddles towards you and the available six-speed automatic transmission shifts down
at lightning speed, the throttle adjusting automatically with each downshift for smooth transitions. "

And it does not...
(( sigh ))
- Ray
Only wanting my 2007 to do what Chevy said it would do...

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 paddle shifter upgrade to 2008 specs

Old 04-18-2008, 02:34 PM
TLewis4095
Le Mans Master

Bracket Tune??? Oh, now you have my complete attention. Is this something I need to call you about or can you explain it here?
Of course all of us being bracket racers Chris has worked the tune for max consistancy (do a search on Bracket Tune to see a set of time slips) . It is not the max power tune, but being bracket races concistancy is the key. If you have HP Tuners Chris can email you the tune for $99.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:37 PM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TLewis4095
Only a good custom tune can fix the A6 lag, I'm not aware of any of the handhelds with this ability. We do the A6 tune alone for $99 while you wait or a complete dyno tune for $349 special right now
I have HPtuners and you can really firm up the shifts by removing TM during the shifts. If anything the shifts may be too firm for the street. However, I do not see any settings that allows you to remove the lag of when you hit the paddle and the tranny finally shifts.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:21 PM
TLewis4095
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by glennhl
I have HPtuners and you can really firm up the shifts by removing TM during the shifts. If anything the shifts may be too firm for the street. However, I do not see any settings that allows you to remove the lag of when you hit the paddle and the tranny finally shifts.
It's in there

Quick Reply: 2007 paddle shifter upgrade to 2008 specs