C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inefficient Corsa Cats Code

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 08:51 PM
JumpMaster
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inefficient Corsa Cats Code

I just bought a 2007 coupe that has a complete Corsa exhaust from the manifold back. I need to get the NC state inspection done, but the CEL is on. I took it to a local dealer who said it was throwing an "inefficient cat" code. Is there a way to tune this out so I can get it inspected or do I need to get rid of the high flow cats? When I had the CEL reset at the dealer it just popped up again three days later. TIA, Greg
Old 08-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

You can tune it out...I unchecked the rear CAT reporting in HP tuners and just flew through NC state insection. Just make sure all your other readiness codes are set..

LG pro's, High flow cats and a Tune
Old 08-27-2008, 09:18 PM
JumpMaster
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I guess I need to find a reputable tuner in NC. There should be one in Raleigh.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by JumpMaster
Thanks. I guess I need to find a reputable tuner in NC. There should be one in Raleigh.
These guys can help you..

http://www.mayhemmotorsports.net/
Old 08-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Default Hi Flow cats setting code

You can also buy the Diablo Sport Predator hand held tuner and do it yourself.
Some Predator handheld models have the capability to turn off the cat codes built in, on others you will have to email your current tune to one of the guys at Diablo and he will mod it and return it to you and then you can load it.

What happens is the original cats are right up against the cast iron manifold so that they can heat up to the "light off" temp much quicker. Your new hi-flow cats are down in the X pipe and take longer to come up to "light off" temperature. The ECM periodically runs a check on the O2 sensors checking the output of the front O2 sensor verses the rear O2 sensor. The front sensor is in front of the cats and shows a variable amount of O2 while the rear is behind the cats and should be flat signifiying the exhaust is clean. If the hi-flow cats have not reached "light off" temp, both O2 sensors will vary and this sets a code that tells the technician the cats are not working.

Get notified of new replies

To Inefficient Corsa Cats Code

Quick Reply: Inefficient Corsa Cats Code