C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

--Fresh Dyno Video-- 471.7 RWHP, 463.4 RWT! **Meth injected Bolt on LS3**

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 08:25 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Default --Fresh Dyno Video-- 471.7 RWHP, 463.4 RWT! **Meth injected Bolt on LS3**

Since I keep a few five gallon jugs of meth around for the C5, I figured I'd try Charlie's new Meth kit for NA cars.

I rolled up to RPM Motors yesterday afternoon, and left that night with a few more ponies!!

I know a few of the fellas will question my Dyno #s and all, but I'm having a ball with this car, and that's the most important thing to me!! I dynoed at 458 RWHP and 445 RWT for a baseline with all my previous bolts ons. We then added the meth, some timing, and took away a bit of fuel. I'm still running my same 91/Torco mix, but now have a bit of meth to cool her on hard runs!

I must stress that this combo is my choice to run, and has been street/track/canyon proven for over 10,000 miles.

I will also give MANY MANY thanks to Charlie of RPM Motors, for his patience, knowledge, and expertise when it comes to getting the most out of every car he deals with!!

JB

Here's a video of the last dyno pull:
Click Below,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYC7p9j0FMI
Attached Images  
Old 10-18-2008, 08:42 PM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Very nice Joel!!!
When You say "Charlie's" new Meth kit,,has He made one of His own?
Also,are You using 100% meth and is it in the w/w tank?
Thanks,George
Old 10-19-2008, 12:14 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 1bdasvt
Very nice Joel!!!
When You say "Charlie's" new Meth kit,,has He made one of His own?
Also,are You using 100% meth and is it in the w/w tank?
Thanks,George
Thanks George!

Charlie has worked with a Meth vendor to get their NA kit to work with the Vette.

I run 100% Meth, and use the stock C6 ww tank. It looks pretty big, and you get to use the stock low ww sensor to know when to fill the tank.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Tony B4
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Nice numbers JB!!

I believe it. Now that i finally seen it in a video.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:34 AM
vettethret
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5
Since I keep a few five gallon jugs of meth around for the C5, I figured I'd try Charlie's new Meth kit for NA cars.

I rolled up to RPM Motors yesterday afternoon, and left that night with a few more ponies!!

I know a few of the fellas will question my Dyno #s and all, but I'm having a ball with this car, and that's the most important thing to me!! I dynoed at 458 RWHP and 445 RWT for a baseline with all my previous bolts ons. We then added the meth, some timing, and took away a bit of fuel. I'm still running my same 91/Torco mix, but now have a bit of meth to cool her on hard runs!

I must stress that this combo is my choice to run, and has been street/track/canyon proven for over 10,000 miles.

I will also give MANY MANY thanks to Charlie of RPM Motors, for his patience, knowledge, and expertise when it comes to getting the most out of every car he deals with!!

JB

Here's a video of the last dyno pull:
Click Below,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYC7p9j0FMI

Thats sick Joel. I cant WAIT to get my car up to Charlie. Coming out of the Viper it feels sllooowww. I'm going with your exact set up, torco and all. How much does Charlie charge for the Meth kit? SICK numbers!
Old 10-19-2008, 12:38 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Tony B4
Nice numbers JB!!

I believe it. Now that i finally seen it in a video.
If a picture is worth 1000 words, a video has to be worth 10,000!!!

Thanks Tony!!
Old 10-19-2008, 12:43 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by vettethret
Thats sick Joel. I cant WAIT to get my car up to Charlie. Coming out of the Viper it feels sllooowww. I'm going with your exact set up, torco and all. How much does Charlie charge for the Meth kit? SICK numbers!
Thanks Buddy!!!

The car pulls VERY nice!!! It was a fun ride home last night with the cool night air...

The meth kit is around $500.00, plus install.

Your car looks GREAT!!!!

We have a canyon run/model shoot in the AM, so more pics and video on the way!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:34 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

I just got back from a killer canyon run! The car pulled nice and strong, and ran great!

The weather was perfect, and so was the model for the shoot!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 04:06 AM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Its an awesome innovation.

How does the kit trigger? There is no boost switch controlling it. It sounds like a have-to for N2O users too.

What meth do you use? I read some people saying that ordinary windsheild wiper fluid is good for the application....you never lose the wipers on your car.

I dont know much about meth kits yet but I am interested. Again: great job with a great tuner. Actually Charlie stopped surprising me long ago.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:27 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by SpinMonster

How does the kit trigger? There is no boost switch controlling it. It sounds like a have-to for N2O users too.

What meth do you use? I read some people saying that ordinary windsheild wiper fluid is good for the application....you never lose the wipers on your car.

I dont know much about meth kits yet but I am interested. Again: great job with a great tuner. Actually Charlie stopped surprising me long ago.
Thank You Very Much Spin!! Charlie never ceases to surprise me!

The Kit has a controler that get's it info from a "T" in to the Vacuum line, as well as a wire that is tied into the tach line.

I get 5 gallon jugs of Meth straight from Torco when I get my order. I run straight meth with my setup, and went through quite a bit on the canyon run yesterday. The meth is programable and progressive depending on the RPM/vacuum. We preset the meth, then redialed the fuel and timing back in on Charlie's load dyno.

After running the car on meth all day yesterday, it just seemed to run a bit cleaner and felt very smooth on the power!
We had a photo shoot/run off, on a closed course. We got a few pulls in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlnZLO_BeIQ
Old 10-20-2008, 10:40 AM
0Jon@RedlineMotorsports
Former Vendor

Bada$$ Joel!!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:32 PM
emerica4601
Instructor

Is this a custom meth kit? or is this a modified snow perfomance kit
Old 10-20-2008, 12:57 PM
24hr Z06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SpinMonster

Some people use it, but they've told me you have to run it through a filter before using it.. Not sure what the deposits are, but you don't want them in your motor.. Id be hesitant mainly b.c we're not sure how strict their QC control is on that stuff.. whats the variation of meth mixture from jug to jug?

I run straight meth in my ecs kit.. i go through about 1.5L/0.33gal of meth for every tank of gas.. i drive around with 2 - 1.5L water bottles (each 0.33 gallons) in the trunk filled with meth (incase i go on a long drive).. topoff the windshield washer container every time i get gas (1 bottle = 0.33 gallons).. Some people think its a pain, i don't think so.. I just make sure to drive around with it incase I runout and fill it up all the time..

5 gallons = $25-$50, depending on where you get it.. SK speed in NY charged $50 for a 5 gallon tank, and e-town was $5 a gallon.. Colorado might be cheaper..
Old 10-20-2008, 01:35 PM
bosco 08
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i use a Snow Performance kit on my Subaru turbo (added 25whp) i also upgraded the kit with Safe Injection which senses flow though the system. if no flow is sensed a warning lamp (red led) on the dash alerts you it also has a (green led) to show you when it's working. i have been using the system for over a year and a half with no issues. since the car is a year round daily driver i use the blue windshield washer fluid which is 50/50 for cold weather plus it's cheap and readily available. the Subaru's use a boost solenoid which senses boost levels and ramps up the flow accordingly. i plan on demodding the car soon to sell it and i will keep the Snow system in case i go the FI route someday.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:11 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Jon@RedlineMotorsports
Bada$$ Joel!!!!
Thanks Buddy!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:12 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by emerica4601
Is this a custom meth kit? or is this a modified snow perfomance kit
It is not a snow or alky control kit. It's geared toward NA cars, but not custum for me. I'll check on the name.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:13 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 24hr Z06
Some people use it, but they've told me you have to run it through a filter before using it.. Not sure what the deposits are, but you don't want them in your motor.. Id be hesitant mainly b.c we're not sure how strict their QC control is on that stuff.. whats the variation of meth mixture from jug to jug?

I run straight meth in my ecs kit.. i go through about 1.5L/0.33gal of meth for every tank of gas.. i drive around with 2 - 1.5L water bottles (each 0.33 gallons) in the trunk filled with meth (incase i go on a long drive).. topoff the windshield washer container every time i get gas (1 bottle = 0.33 gallons).. Some people think its a pain, i don't think so.. I just make sure to drive around with it incase I runout and fill it up all the time..

5 gallons = $25-$50, depending on where you get it.. SK speed in NY charged $50 for a 5 gallon tank, and e-town was $5 a gallon.. Colorado might be cheaper..

The kit does have a filter, and I always run straight meth from Torco...
Old 10-21-2008, 01:15 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by bosco 08
i use a Snow Performance kit on my Subaru turbo (added 25whp) i also upgraded the kit with Safe Injection which senses flow though the system. if no flow is sensed a warning lamp (red led) on the dash alerts you it also has a (green led) to show you when it's working. i have been using the system for over a year and a half with no issues. since the car is a year round daily driver i use the blue windshield washer fluid which is 50/50 for cold weather plus it's cheap and readily available. the Subaru's use a boost solenoid which senses boost levels and ramps up the flow accordingly. i plan on demodding the car soon to sell it and i will keep the Snow system in case i go the FI route someday.
Meth is quite reliable when done right. I've had it on my 98 for a few years now. I also have a small green light that goes on to tell me the Meth is working.

Get notified of new replies

To --Fresh Dyno Video-- 471.7 RWHP, 463.4 RWT! **Meth injected Bolt on LS3**

Quick Reply: --Fresh Dyno Video-- 471.7 RWHP, 463.4 RWT! **Meth injected Bolt on LS3**