C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice About Front End Alignment Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 04:34 PM
rosecustom
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Advice About Front End Alignment Please

I'll be getting a front end alignment very soon to to excessive inside tire wear. Are the factory specs adequate or should I be considering alternate settings. I do not have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to alignment so I appreciate the advice. I do tend to drive semi-hard from time to time.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

If you like to drive semi hard get it done to spec. No + or - tolerance....TO THE SPEC. It's a good all around setting. Most inner tire wear is due to bad toe settings, Not Camber as many will tell you, if driven aggressively. The cruiser boys will tell you to dial out camber for better tire wear but you'll lose some of the handling and performance capabilities if you do. 3 of 4 toe settings were off on my car from the factory..

Last edited by Modshack; 10-28-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:21 AM
Jahan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Modshack
If you like to drive semi hard get it done to spec. No + or - tolerance....TO THE SPEC. It's a good all around setting. Most inner tire wear is due to bad toe settings, Not Camber as many will tell you, if driven aggressively. The cruiser boys will tell you to dial out camber for better tire wear but you'll lose some of the handling and performance capabilities if you do. 3 of 4 toe settings were off on my car from the factory..

+1

All four of my toe settings were out after 2000 miles. Getting them back to the nominal spec made a big difference in my steering response.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:32 AM
JRHAWK9
Drifting

Here's what I had mine aligned to and I don't have any inside tire wear yet after 1,000 miles. I also have -1.0° camber on my Firehawk fronts and no inside tire wear either with ~25,000 miles of driving. I have both cars set to 0 toe. I believe a lot of inside tire wear is toe induced and not camber induced.

After getting an alignment done the car handles much better. Before the alignment I really wasn't impressed as it seemed like my Firehawk handled better.

Last edited by JRHAWK9; 10-29-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:37 AM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 390 Likes on 244 Posts

Here's my "before"~

My "after" is all green!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:06 PM
JRHAWK9
Drifting

I didn't want my "after" all green though

Get notified of new replies