Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Tech/Performance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Tech/Performance
LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace Sponsored by
21st Century Muscle Cars

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
jpee
CF Senior Member
 
jpee's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 1999
Location: Somers NY
Default Can anyone tell if any Recall has been done on my car..

I bought a 2005... it just went out of GM warranty, but I have the roof squeak only once in awhile...

Here is the VIN # VIN 1G1YY24U955135825


if anyone can tell me "ANYTHING" about this car I'd appreciate it... I was told it was a 1 owner car bought in and reg in NJ..

Has it been in for any service bulletins or recalls ?

Thanks
__________________
John Panuzzo

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully
in his sleep. Not screaming in panic like the passengers in his car."
------------------------
05 C6
Best ET 11.61 @ 118 mph
Vararam, KOOKS Headers, FTI Converter,
160 T Stat & Tuned By Cartek

2004 NHRA Div 1 Finalist




jpee@comcast.net
Join the Corvette Challenge

I LUV INSANITY RACING.........
jpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
vettl83
CF Senior Member
 
vettl83's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2002
Location: Montrose Colorado
Default

You can run a Car Fax check on it for the history. I believe alldata.com used to list the TSB's and recalls for free on their website, but if you wanted to know the fix you had to subscribe. Most recalls involve safety issues. Your dealer can run your vin to check it out, it should also pull up any service work that has been done at a dealership. Good luck with the new ride.
vettl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
jpee
CF Senior Member
 
jpee's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 1999
Location: Somers NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettl83 View Post
You can run a Car Fax check on it for the history. I believe alldata.com used to list the TSB's and recalls for free on their website, but if you wanted to know the fix you had to subscribe. Most recalls involve safety issues. Your dealer can run your vin to check it out, it should also pull up any service work that has been done at a dealership. Good luck with the new ride.

Thanks.. I did run a CarFax.. it looked clean...I'll call my local Chevy dealership, I know the service Dept mgr.. he may help me out..

Thanks
jpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
Vetter 1
CF Senior Member
 
Vetter 1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2008
Location: Nassau County, N.Y.
Default

There was a service bulletin on the driver of the car.

There was a thread where the guy could run the VIN and tell you what the car was service for at the dealer.
Vetter 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:52 AM   #5
Tommy D
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: Monroe Township New Jersey

Default

Try My GM Link hosted by yahoo Since it is a 05 it was most likley recalled for the flying roof recall. Your vin is too high for most of the other problems the early 05s the experienced
Tommy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:19 AM   #6
Joe_G
Tech Contributor
St. Jude Donor '08
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Joe_G's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Default

Any dealer can run the service history for you no problem.

Be careful posting your VIN...particularly if you park outside...with VIN an unscrupulous person with dealer access can make a key...and with that key, so long as they've got 1/2 hour to do it, they can marry any spare fob to your car. Check your owners manual, it tells you how to do it.

I never give that key to anyone, you need it to marry a fob to the car.

I'm kind of paranoid after my c5 was stolen from my driveway, but thought you might be interested in knowing that.
__________________
2005 Vert Z51 MZ6
Mods by Horsepower Sales 954-984-8040
4:10's, FAST 92, A/R Headers w/cats, G5x3, AFR 205 heads ORIG CLUTCH (76k miles & 490 drag strip passes)
474rwhp/414rwtq
Best pre-cam:1/4-1.730, 11.810@118.76
Best w-cam, pre-FAST 1/4-1.666, 11.540@121.39
Best w-cam & FAST & skinnies 1/4-1.519, 10.995@126.67 DA-793
Best w-cam & AFR heads 1/4-1.445, 10.815@128.07 DA-581 1/8-1.445, 6.920@99.15 DA-581
Top speed 185 (so far...) 0-60 mph 2.59 sec (track)

Joe_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #7
Tommy D
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: Monroe Township New Jersey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_G View Post
Any dealer can run the service history for you no problem.

Be careful posting your VIN...particularly if you park outside...with VIN an unscrupulous person with dealer access can make a key...and with that key, so long as they've got 1/2 hour to do it, they can marry any spare fob to your car. Check your owners manual, it tells you how to do it.

I never give that key to anyone, you need it to marry a fob to the car.

I'm kind of paranoid after my c5 was stolen from my driveway, but thought you might be interested in knowing that.
Joe

John lives in NY do you actually think the bad guys use keys! ....... they just come with the tow truck..... come to think of it, John has the exact optioned LMB 05 Corvette that I have..... Now where did he say he lived in NY


All joking aside very good point
Tommy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #8
Joe_G
Tech Contributor
St. Jude Donor '08
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Joe_G's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D View Post
Joe

John lives in NY do you actually think the bad guys use keys! ....... they just come with the tow truck..... come to think of it, John has the exact optioned LMB 05 Corvette that I have..... Now where did he say he lived in NY


All joking aside very good point
Well the thief drove mine away! Took the SOB 3 tries to keep it runnning (it had a 112 cam in it) so I got hte cops on the phone and at 3 am they actually gave chase! But he outran them on the highway.

I need to be a bit more clear on my warning...think about this...an unscrupulous valet, or even mechanic, could buy a GM fob and marry it to your car if they had that key and 1/2 hour. They've got your address from your registration in the car, it's an easy heist.

NEVER GIVE ANYONE THAT KEY! They don't need it and nothing good can come from giving it to them.

I'm still steaming about my stolen C5.
Joe_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #9
jpee
CF Senior Member
 
jpee's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 1999
Location: Somers NY
Default

Thanks some VERY good info in this thread.... I used to keep my 2nd fob in my desk... & last night a Condo about 1/2 mile from me got broken into.. Shezzz had it been my unit the thief could have just picked up my fob & driven away..

Now I'll keep the 2nd (unused) FOB in the safe...
jpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #10
Joe_G
Tech Contributor
St. Jude Donor '08
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Joe_G's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpee View Post
Thanks some VERY good info in this thread.... I used to keep my 2nd fob in my desk... & last night a Condo about 1/2 mile from me got broken into.. Shezzz had it been my unit the thief could have just picked up my fob & driven away..

Now I'll keep the 2nd (unused) FOB in the safe...
lol yea crime makes you paranoid...

here's another cool thing, you can use slingbox to send your home cameras to your TREO phone and other places to be recorded offsite..(but not your iPhone yet...).

Don't ask me how I know.
Joe_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:46 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page Can anyone tell if any Recall has been done on my car..
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
car, cars, check, checking, eligible, find, notices, on, online, recall, recalls, sold, vehical, work, worked


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Emails & Password Backup