C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Tranny trouble shoot

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Scare Dem
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Tranny trouble shoot

Hi guys,

This is my first vette (05) and I'm still learning about this car. I ran into a problem shifting at high revs.

Going from first to second gear at high revs, it sticks in first and does not engage easily. When I shift into second, it doesn't want to go in and it grinds. I have to wait till the revs fall before shifting which beats the whole point of it at the track. It's only a problem with these gears. The clutch is always pressed complete but problem occurs. The other gears work well and in low rev situations.

Is it my 2nd gear syncro or you think it's the skip shift malfunctioning since I don't have a skip shift eliminator.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm also trying to learn as much as I can before pulling the tranny in March. I'm planning to fix it myself as I am trying to read up on this tranny as much as I can. I'm no mechanic but like to work on my own car and learn.

Thanks
Old 12-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Scare Dem
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump

Quick Reply: C6 Tranny trouble shoot