C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Mode Exhaust Fuse/Mod

Old 12-28-2008, 03:42 PM
FWTexas
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Mode Exhaust Fuse/Mod

I was told there is an unmarked fuse for the dual mode exhaust that when it is removed, you get the agressive sound full time. Are any of you guys familiar with this? If so, can you explain which fuse it is?
Old 12-28-2008, 03:49 PM
lockman
Burning Brakes

yes there is a fuse to remove but I would go buy the mild to wild or one of them there are 2 out there and you have a remote to change it whenever you want and it's 100 dollars and take 2 mins to install just my opinion. but the fuse is in the passanger side leg well just flip the rug down from the front and its there can't remember which one off my head and since I'm at work I can't look.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:01 PM
sox3
Instructor

Hey, i cant remember which fuse either, but i was not crazy about the remote. i installed a small switch on the console to open and close the pipes. just my preferance.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:03 PM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

The fuse you need to pull for the exhaust to be open all the time is the lower right fuse in the fuse panel that is in the passenger footwell.

To see the 2 different brands of exhaust controllers and the different prices click on the links below:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-p...post1568333413

http://www.nakidparts.com/id25h.html

Hope that helps, best of luck to you

- HPJ -
Old 12-28-2008, 04:11 PM
FWTexas
Instructor

Originally Posted by HorsePowerJunkie
The fuse you need to pull for the exhaust to be open all the time is the lower right fuse in the fuse panel that is in the passenger footwell.

To see the 2 different brands of exhaust controllers and the different prices click on the links below:

http://www.nakidparts.com/id25h.html

Hope that helps, best of luck to you

- HPJ -
Thanks for the links and the location of the fuse.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:04 PM
stocksuspension
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FWTexas
I was told there is an unmarked fuse for the dual mode exhaust that when it is removed, you get the agressive sound full time. Are any of you guys familiar with this? If so, can you explain which fuse it is?
i just made my own controller costed me about 30 bucks and i control it when i want. but to tell you the truth, i have never closed the valves cuz the stock tone is just gay. pull the fuse off and drive it for a few
days and see if a controller is really necessary
Old 12-28-2008, 05:29 PM
FWTexas
Instructor

Originally Posted by stocksuspension
i just made my own controller costed me about 30 bucks and i control it when i want. but to tell you the truth, i have never closed the valves cuz the stock tone is just gay. pull the fuse off and drive it for a few
days and see if a controller is really necessary
I pulled the fuse and it's much better. I think I would put it back in if I were going on a road trip but it sounds much better with the fuse pulled.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:24 PM
dkrhardy
Burning Brakes

That is a good idea, BUT the M2W is way too cool. You can press the button for some attitude any time you want, even sitting at a light idling. Or when the gas pump jockey says "NICE CAR" and you want to make a bit-o-noise as you pull out!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:17 PM
SSTEVEGS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You really need the control feature. If you do any highway cruising, it's really too loud for that - IF you have half a brain. Pulling and re-installing the fuse is a pain in the neck.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:25 PM
FWTexas
Instructor

Originally Posted by SSTEVEGS
You really need the control feature. If you do any highway cruising, it's really too loud for that - IF you have half a brain. Pulling and re-installing the fuse is a pain in the neck.
I think you are right. I put the fuse back in today so I could talk on the phone driving to work. It's the interior noise level that's the problem. I guess you guys already know that though.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:54 PM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

The controllers do the same job, both are equally good products.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Retrotech
Instructor

Get the switch..... the drone of it being open all the time will drive you crazy.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 878 Likes on 464 Posts

Can anyone point to a web site that shows how to install the after market remote?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:00 AM
BuckeyeVette427
Intermediate

Originally Posted by snowwolfe
Can anyone point to a web site that shows how to install the after market remote?
http://nakidparts.com/sitebuildercon...rfiles/m2w.pdf

A very easy install.

Last edited by BuckeyeVette427; 12-30-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:13 AM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

The SunsetOrangeCreations controller instructions in the above link give some nice options on what the controller can do - and it's on Sale for $70! for the SnsetOrangeCreations upgraded 1 button remote version!

Nice too that it also comes with free replacement batteries!

WOW! I just noticed on his website his 2 button version that looks like the same remote as the other brand is still only $50!

Click on the links below:
http://shop.sunsetorangecreations.co...c?categoryId=2
http://shop.sunsetorangecreations.co...sc?productId=6

Both brands are great quality. You can pay more but the different brand controllers do the same thing.

Last edited by HorsePower Junkie; 12-30-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:30 AM
KillerZeee
Cruising

IMHO, SunsetOrangeCreations' products are better and innovative. Starts in whatever setting you choose and has ZERO battery drain.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:55 PM
BuckeyeVette427
Intermediate

This is confusing. The two button is out of stock which is the less expensive model, but when I go to order the one button there is a "remember mode" thats an additional $30? Which bumps the price upto $130. The two button's description says it comes with the memory mode and its only $50?

"The units can start in any config that you want right out of the box! Zero Drain Closed valves stock (an exclusive feature) rpm open Start, Zero Drain Open valves Start, and Remember valves last setting start install. You Choose!" - Copy and pasted from the 2-button desription. I'm thinking that since its out of stock they took out the $30 remember mode option but I don't know.

Get notified of new replies

To Dual Mode Exhaust Fuse/Mod

Old 12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Email him at SunsetOrangeCreations at his email address which is:

sunsetorangedream@yahoo.com

Or just PM him by clicking on his name in his ad that is located by clicking on the link below:

Easy to deal with, give him a shout.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:42 PM
BuckeyeVette427
Intermediate

Thank you.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:12 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by BuckeyeVette427
This is confusing. The two button is out of stock which is the less expensive model, but when I go to order the one button there is a "remember mode" thats an additional $30? Which bumps the price upto $130. The two button's description says it comes with the memory mode and its only $50?

"The units can start in any config that you want right out of the box! Zero Drain Closed valves stock (an exclusive feature) rpm open Start, Zero Drain Open valves Start, and Remember valves last setting start install. You Choose!" - Copy and pasted from the 2-button desription. I'm thinking that since its out of stock they took out the $30 remember mode option but I don't know.
Hi,

I can help a little here.

The One button Exhaust Commander is on sale for $70 plus shipping right now in the store. Purchase Link.

It allows you to start in Loud mode or Quiet mode on startup and is 100% zero Batter Drain in both of those configs. So in Loud config it will start each time the car starts in loud mode, in quiet config it will start each time in quiet stock operation mode.
You can also add a Zero Battery Drain remembers last setting mode option for $30 which will allows the unit to start up in whatever config it was shutdown in. Zero Battery Drain remembers last setting mode is a Sunset Orange Creations exclusive feature that I have developed.

On the two button units, the remembers last setting mode of the two button units does draw a small amount of current when the car is off so it isnt classified as zero battery drain remembers last setting mode. The two button units are NOT available with the Zero Battery drain remembers last setting mode. The One Button unit has the most potential for upgrades and development, so the two button units may be discontinued.

The One button Exhaust Commander is the main unit I sell. It has the most available options and features and is a great value starting at $70. With the Sunset Orange Creations exclusive upgrade option of Zero Battery drain remembers last setting mode the One Button Exhaust Commander is $100 plus shipping, not $130.

I also offer The Ultimate Exhaust Commander which is the most advanced controller you can buy. It allows the user to select the rpm at which the butterflies open so you can have Zero Drone and have the butterflies open for the maximum amount of time possible, as well as Full Open and stock rpm butterfly operation. It is available in the same Zero Drain configs, Valves start in rpm open, valves start in Full open or stock rpm open configs. You can also add the Zero drain remembers last setting mode too. Ultimate Exhaust Commander is the most technologically advanced and feature packed exhaust controller available. Those who want to do anything they want with their dual mode exhaust want this one!

If you need any additional info feel free to contact me anytime.

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 12-30-2008 at 09:25 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dual Mode Exhaust Fuse/Mod