C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breathless Performance Short Throw Shifter Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Biker Boy gone Vett
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breathless Performance Short Throw Shifter Installed!

I got the Breathless Performance shifter yesterday and the installation went extremely well. The center console removed easily, which was my biggest fear. Everything buttoned up just as expected.

I am very impressed with the smoothness of the shifter and the way it "locks" precisely into gear. It is very impressive with the way it shifts from 2nd to 3rd, much better than the stock shifter (actually no comparison!) Under WOT, there is no noise or rattling, which somewhat surprised me as I had read that is a problem with a lot of after market short throws.

The **** threads are the standard 9/16 x 18, which allowed me to put a Hurst ball on it. I chose the Hurst because in high school I owned a '71 Torino GT with this same **** (brings back good memories).

I know many of our forum members swear by MGW shifters, and I am sure they are great. I can only speak first hand on this short throw and I have no complaints. If you are on the bubble about installing a short throw, don't hesitate, DO IT! This is a great mod that you will enjoy each and every time you get in your car.

Cheers!

Last edited by Biker Boy gone Vett; 03-12-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:20 PM
aeonflux
3rd Gear

I dig the Hurst shift ****!!! Looks WAY-PRO!!!

Nice Mod for sure....

ENJOY!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:21 PM
SvetteC6
Racer

Congrats, Glad you like it, it looks like the shifter is a little higher the stock, is that true?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Biker Boy gone Vett
Advanced

Originally Posted by SvetteC6
Congrats, Glad you like it, it looks like the shifter is a little higher the stock, is that true?
I didn't measure the stock lever, but it doesn't seem higher. If anything, I would guess it might be slightly lower. I think the way the boot comes up to the **** might give that impression.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:25 PM
SRTullio
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes it does look a little higher than stock. A short shifter is definately one of the first mods people should do though, makes driving the car that much more fun!

Get notified of new replies

To Breathless Performance Short Throw Shifter Installed!

Quick Reply: Breathless Performance Short Throw Shifter Installed!