C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Did you take action?
Yes, I think its the right thing to do!
68.71%
No, I haven't the time for this.
31.29%
Voters: 473. You may not vote on this poll

Service Active Handling - Consumer Action

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 09:04 PM
rldavid71
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Further Update - Stabilitrak Issue (Brake Locking)

Originally Posted by rldavid71
Following is what I have experienced and tried regarding this issue affecting the Corvette community as well as the XLR community:

I am hoping GM can get this issue finally taken care of:

The '05 XLR I bought for my Wife (25,xxx miles) went through this also. Bought the car in 2013 and when this started occurring, it did not happen to me if I were driving, but my Wife, at 5'2" was getting it at a quickly increasing frequency. Took it to the only local dealer three different times, amounting to approximately 2.5 months. I'd first done some research both in this forum and the corvette forum. Checked to see if the harness had received the orange comb from the TSB. It was there, but put in backwards. I corrected it, and no issue for a short period. But, then started again, resulting in going to the dealer.
First I was told it needed the steering position sensor. Ok, had it replaced. Soon back to the same issue. Back to the dealer for a while, then told it needed the yaw sensor. Guaranteed that was the issue and replacement would finally solve it. Ok, had it replaced.
Drove the car away, within a couple of miles, same issue. Drove it back, got the service manager and told him how unhappy I was.
I am not an engineer, much less an electrical engineer. However, I believe i have some fairly good deductive skills and have maintained cars and rebuilt classics for more years than I can probably remember clearly. The manager plugged in his dealer OBD and kept getting differing messages. I told him I believed it had to be within the connections/connectivity of the harnesses. He ignored me and told me it needed a new yaw sensor. Told him his folks had just replaced it and that he had guaranteed me that was the solution. After a few more minutes with the reader he told me it needed the steering position sensor. Told him his folks had replaced that the first time less than two months ago. He asked for time. Left it with him.
Two to three weeks later he called and I went by the dealership. He said it needed the body control module. I said no, give me the car and I'll do it my way.
Ordered a new steering column harness for $123 and took to a nearby Chevy dealer. Asked them to install it. Got it back and it did not have an issue...until a couple of weeks ago.
Through this forum, I learned about certified XLR techs. Found out from the Chevy dealer that the Cadillac dealer had a certified XLR tech at their other dealership (chevy, then became chevy/cadillac recently) in another state, nearby.
Took the car to them, learning their tech had recently opened his own shop, but the service manager had also been one. Left it with them this past Friday. Received a call on Wednesday that it needed the yaw sensor...gremlins doing their misdirection again?!?
Told them to check again. Check the harness to see if the comb had been replaced when the new harness had been installed, and the tightness of the pin connectors, with the steering column harness and further down the line.
I'd been asking my Wife if the steering column was still moving when she got in and out, her assuring me that she had been able to set her seat to a position that didn't require the steering wheel to adjust. Was talking with her when she got in a short while back and I saw the steering wheel was adjusting a good bit. That was just a two to three months ago, now the issue.
So for about a year it had been moving.
I think GM has been quite negligent on this issue and have read at least one death has occurred in the corvette community.
My Wife is very anxious and actually scared of this car now. - See more at: http://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadill...ed=1#post61386
It's been nearly 2 months, and I wanted t let you know what has happened.
A very knowledgeable XLR Tech has gone through the electrical circuits, and, over the phone has worked with a GM Engineer to resolve this issue completely and correctly. We agreed I'd pick the car up on 7 Aug. He had driven the car close to 200 miles without an issue. I drove from Las Cruces to home in El Paso on that day (about 22 miles) Friday and determined to drive it as much as possible before my Wife returned home on Sunday evening. I had no re-occurence of the service stabilitrak message, or especially, of one of the front brakes momentarily locking involuntarily.
Had my Wife take it to her office Monday, no event(s). Then Tuesday she drove it to the office again (it's about 8 miles).
Several minutes after she left, she called. The service light came on again, but no brake lock. She was afraid to drive it and insisted I bring her one of the other cars. When I switched vehicles and drove it home, I had no issue.
The following day I drove about 3 blocks to an auto store for some wax product and got the service message. Returning to the house, just before I turned onto my street, the left front brake lcoked and released.
Now, the Dealership has requested a GM Engineer to come to their store and work with them on the car's issue. He is to arrive this week, and we will see what happens.
I am working with the Tech, who is also the Service Dept Foreman, on documenting what he did during the first period in the shop, and then what all occurs during this next period. Hopefully, we can get this fully documented and the realistic cause and repair requirement for a more permanent fix posted on the Corvette and XLR forums.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:12 AM
tech 2009
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi fellas, sorry it's been so long since my last post. Had all of your concerns with the disco like show on the dash including reduced engine power! had enough dealings with those lying son-of-a-bi&^%es that call themselves a motors company. decided to take things into my own hands. last post was about a year ago. After fixing it myself i have not had one single problem with the car, except it occasionally gets stuck in park when i go to use it. Here is what I did. I removed the harness that gets stretched under the tilt and telescopic steering. ( wife and i are both short and have the settings set to bring steering wheel out and we pull tilt column down.) I am a Harley Davidson Master Tech.. Two of my degrees are electrical and electronic.. I proceeded to cut the wires near the middle, but in a staggered pattern, so that adding an extra 5 inches of extending wires to make the harness longer, I wouldn't end up with one big bundle of repair solders in one spot. Anyway, strip 1/2" on each end of the 5" wires. Then only one wire of the harness was cut at a time, and the splice completely finished at both ends. This will ensure that you don't splice one end of a wire the the end of another wrong wire. USE heat shrink to cover your solder joints. PRACTICE how to make good small solder fixes before starting. When you are done enclose the new longer handmade harness wires with plastic wire casing with split down the length of it. This will protect all of the wires from becoming chaffed from vibration from now being shoved into a space meant for shorter wires. It is now safe to check continuity at the end of each wire to make sure all of your work is correct. Plug and play and drive. Also done that same day, (so I don't know which one was the real fix or if it was a combination of the two!) I removed the throttle injector unit. Don't open the throttle by hand. Use throttle body injector cleaner and spray inside without touching the inside in anyway. from the front and from the back. replace. If car runs bad, do this, Start car and let it Idle 3 minutes. kill and wait 1 minute. repeat 3 to 4 times then start and rev motor to 2500 rpm for the 3 minutes let idle for 3 minutes kill the car. Wait a couple minutes then drive the car about a half an hour at one driving, making sure to keep it above 45 mph but always varying the speed and rpms. This should reset the computer to the now clean TBI that you have cleaned. remember it has taken time to get dirty so the computer has learned new programs to make adjustments for this. Now, all of a sudden, it is clean and the car believes that something is wrong rather than right. So all of these starts and stops of the engine and then driving at different speeds the computer relearns what a clean TBI should operate like.. And wahla I'm a happy c-6 owner again.. not going to look a gift horse in the mouth- my problem is fixed. Wishing the best for you guys! Thanks.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:27 PM
rldavid71
Cruising

Originally Posted by tech 2009
hi fellas, sorry it's been so long since my last post. Had all of your concerns with the disco like show on the dash including reduced engine power! had enough dealings with those lying son-of-a-bi&^%es that call themselves a motors company. decided to take things into my own hands. last post was about a year ago. After fixing it myself i have not had one single problem with the car, except it occasionally gets stuck in park when i go to use it. Here is what I did. I removed the harness that gets stretched under the tilt and telescopic steering. ( wife and i are both short and have the settings set to bring steering wheel out and we pull tilt column down.) I am a Harley Davidson Master Tech.. Two of my degrees are electrical and electronic.. I proceeded to cut the wires near the middle, but in a staggered pattern, so that adding an extra 5 inches of extending wires to make the harness longer, I wouldn't end up with one big bundle of repair solders in one spot. Anyway, strip 1/2" on each end of the 5" wires. Then only one wire of the harness was cut at a time, and the splice completely finished at both ends. This will ensure that you don't splice one end of a wire the the end of another wrong wire. USE heat shrink to cover your solder joints. PRACTICE how to make good small solder fixes before starting. When you are done enclose the new longer handmade harness wires with plastic wire casing with split down the length of it. This will protect all of the wires from becoming chaffed from vibration from now being shoved into a space meant for shorter wires. It is now safe to check continuity at the end of each wire to make sure all of your work is correct. Plug and play and drive. Also done that same day, (so I don't know which one was the real fix or if it was a combination of the two!) I removed the throttle injector unit. Don't open the throttle by hand. Use throttle body injector cleaner and spray inside without touching the inside in anyway. from the front and from the back. replace. If car runs bad, do this, Start car and let it Idle 3 minutes. kill and wait 1 minute. repeat 3 to 4 times then start and rev motor to 2500 rpm for the 3 minutes let idle for 3 minutes kill the car. Wait a couple minutes then drive the car about a half an hour at one driving, making sure to keep it above 45 mph but always varying the speed and rpms. This should reset the computer to the now clean TBI that you have cleaned. remember it has taken time to get dirty so the computer has learned new programs to make adjustments for this. Now, all of a sudden, it is clean and the car believes that something is wrong rather than right. So all of these starts and stops of the engine and then driving at different speeds the computer relearns what a clean TBI should operate like.. And wahla I'm a happy c-6 owner again.. not going to look a gift horse in the mouth- my problem is fixed. Wishing the best for you guys! Thanks.
Thank you Tech 2009. I will provide the GM Engineer and the Dealership a copy of your post also.

Robert
Old 09-22-2015, 03:24 PM
jimxms
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Hi Guys,

I've just purchased an 08 with telescopic wheel and have been experiencing the SAH messages.

So far I have only been getting them when starting the car, and often if I switch the car off and on again they seem to go away.

However, after reading what this message can ultimately lead to - I am now sh*t scared to drive the car.

I have read through most pages of this thread, but it strikes me that the following hasn't been asked or investigated? Can anyone answer the following for me:

1) If I switch off TC and AH before driving, will I be immune from any 'safety' features activating unnecessarily due to bad sensors/connections? I would rather my right foot be in control of my destiny, than have a random electrical connector locking up a wheel at 70mph.

2) Has anybody made any efforts to create an 'extension lead' for the steering position sensor? Surely rather than all this zip-tie & comb crap, we would be much better with an extension cable with a male connector one end, and female at the other? I know finding the manufacturers of these connectors can be hard, but if people can make replacement wiring harnesses for entire engine management systems, then a simple 3 pin plug should be easy?

3) For those of us with intermittent SAH messages, would we be better to unplug the faulty connector and leave it unplugged until a full-proof fix comes along? The way i see it, I would rather the steering sensor send NO messages rather than potentially corrupted ones.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:09 AM
ottomatic
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by jimxms
Hi Guys,

I've just purchased an 08 with telescopic wheel and have been experiencing the SAH messages.

So far I have only been getting them when starting the car, and often if I switch the car off and on again they seem to go away.

However, after reading what this message can ultimately lead to - I am now sh*t scared to drive the car.

I have read through most pages of this thread, but it strikes me that the following hasn't been asked or investigated? Can anyone answer the following for me:

1) If I switch off TC and AH before driving, will I be immune from any 'safety' features activating unnecessarily due to bad sensors/connections? I would rather my right foot be in control of my destiny, than have a random electrical connector locking up a wheel at 70mph.

2) Has anybody made any efforts to create an 'extension lead' for the steering position sensor? Surely rather than all this zip-tie & comb crap, we would be much better with an extension cable with a male connector one end, and female at the other? I know finding the manufacturers of these connectors can be hard, but if people can make replacement wiring harnesses for entire engine management systems, then a simple 3 pin plug should be easy?

3) For those of us with intermittent SAH messages, would we be better to unplug the faulty connector and leave it unplugged until a full-proof fix comes along? The way i see it, I would rather the steering sensor send NO messages rather than potentially corrupted ones.
I know your anxiety. Mine was a simple fix. The wiring harness in the steering column works loose. The fix is a little plastic comb looking piece which keeps the harness together. You see the display warning when the telescopic steering column extends and retracts.

GM knows about this but chooses not to recall. There is a service bulletin. I hope this helps.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:44 PM
Hollywood57
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Default This sucks

Originally Posted by jimxms
Hi Guys,

Jim,

I know how you feel. I bought an 08 vette and ran into this same thread which made me 2nd guess my decision to buy my dream car but fortunately for me has never occurred after 20K miles of driving some of which were at high speed.

I am 5'10" tall and found a comfortable position without having to extend the telescoping steering wheel which is believed to be one cause of this problem. In fact I like it better because it puts me closer to the center controls without having to reach.

If you are getting "service active handling" message on you dic and it does not go away after going thru the self check "boot" process then you definitely have something out of wack.

If this is the case there are a # of possible causes.
** steering wheel position sensor harness
** steering wheel position sensor
** gyro sensor (under center console storage area)
** a mod that has been done that is causing the system error.

Personally I would start with the least expense and most proponent cause which is the steering wheel position harness.

as far as turning off the AH and TC I have read that you cannot completely turn this off but I have not tested this since I had no need to.

Good luck sir,
Old 09-24-2015, 09:56 AM
rldavid71
Cruising

Default Service Active Handling

Originally Posted by Hollywood57
Jim,

I know how you feel. I bought an 08 vette and ran into this same thread which made me 2nd guess my decision to buy my dream car but fortunately for me has never occurred after 20K miles of driving some of which were at high speed.

I am 5'10" tall and found a comfortable position without having to extend the telescoping steering wheel which is believed to be one cause of this problem. In fact I like it better because it puts me closer to the center controls without having to reach.

If you are getting "service active handling" message on you dic and it does not go away after going thru the self check "boot" process then you definitely have something out of wack.

If this is the case there are a # of possible causes.
** steering wheel position sensor harness
** steering wheel position sensor
** gyro sensor (under center console storage area)
** a mod that has been done that is causing the system error.

Personally I would start with the least expense and most proponent cause which is the steering wheel position harness.

as far as turning off the AH and TC I have read that you cannot completely turn this off but I have not tested this since I had no need to.

Good luck sir,
I agree. Starting with the least expensive is a good option, and, that was one of my thoughts when I started this journey. Initially I checked the harness to determine if the "comb" fix from GM had been installed. It had, but backwards; so I corrected it and was able to go on for a short time without incident., Then at the next appearance of the issue, I took the guidance of the dealer and let them replace the steering position sensor as called for by the computer. NOT a fix. Then the yaw sensor as prescribed by the computer. NOT a fix. The computer then called out the EBCM (brake controll module) and I determined there had been more than enough of just replacing parts per the diagnostics of the computer. I bought and had installed the steering wheel harness. Good for about a year before it all came back even more frequently.
I believe others have also gone this route without a final, more permanent solution. I have said all along the root cause has to be dtermined to reach a real solution.
Hence, all the pushing and prodding to discover the cause and develop a fix we can depend on with more confidence. Two different GM engineers have worked with the dealer on this. One over the phone had wiring changed, connectors eliminated, and a lot of testing for fluxuations and signals. The 2nd engineer was brought in and continued with the same process of replacement and elimination in the wiring. The tech had to wait for some parts items that weren't readily available. He received these the end of this past week. I've been out of town for a while and sent him a note last night that I was back. I know he is having to also do further, extensive testing, including drive testing, to be as sure as possible all has been corrected/redesigned to a satisfactory conclusion.
If all appears to be good, we will do a write-up of actions taken, connectors and wiring replaced, so that those of you, and future members, who have the same issues will have something to work with.
Those of you who have been blessed with one of the more simple fixes lasting for a good while for you...congratulations! May it continue to be "all good" for you.

Best of luck, and happy motoring...top down of course,
Robert
Old 10-12-2015, 01:18 PM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

After driving my car a few weeks after the first time the ABS/TCS lights came on and the three messages displayed on the DIC I may have cured my issue. I disconnected each of the wheel speed sensors at the wheels and used a dialectic grease on each and then reconnected them.

In the last two weeks I have not had the ABS/TCS lights come on or any DIC messages.

This is what worked for me, for now and I hope for as long as the the car is driven.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:46 PM
05XLRtoC7_San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 146 Posts

This is an absolute safety hazard.
Cannot believe that GM has not made this a mandatory recall.

Had this happen twice in my 2005 XLR- brakes completely locked up, limited control of steering wheel, dashboard flashing error codes.
Once was at 20 mph, other time was 5 mph.

I could have died if it occurred at a higher speed on the freeway.

My dealership had NO CLUE about this service bulletin.
Luckily I saw it on this forum, printed it out, and asked them to installed the comb (they charged me about $20).
Seemed to fix it- drove about 3000 miles after the repair with no issue.
However, was always in the back of my mind, so ended up selling the car.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:52 PM
jimxms
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Well my issue appears to not be related to the steering position sensor at all. It was in fact an issue with an ABS pump sensor that I have now replaced (quite easily I might add).

However, now that the SAH message has disappeared from my car I may actually invoke it intentionally by unplugging the steering sensor.

Why? Because I don't want to be driving down the freeway at speed sometime in the future, with SAH but a distant memory, and then get suddenly hurled straight into an armco because a crappy steering/tyre pressure/abs/wheel speed/yaw sensor goes **** up.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:32 PM
MBDon
1st Gear

About a month ago I purchased a very clean, 2006 Base Coupe with less than 30,000 total miles. Two weeks later, I first got a "Service Magnetic Ride" message through the Driver Information Center. That was followed, over the next two weeks, by a series of "Service Active Handling" messages that were becoming more and more frequent. Two days ago I took it into the service department at Jud Kuhn Chevrolet in Little River, SC. It took them about an hour to run a diagnostic, at which time they determined that it was a faulty steering wheel position sensor. The sensor was in stock. A clip which they needed to secure the wiring had to be ordered and arrived at the dealership this morning. Long story short: My Vette was ready for pick up this afternoon and the problem is solved at a total cost of $438 (which I believe is very reasonable, given some of the horror stories I've read on this forum). Thanks, Jud Kuhn service department for a quick diagnosis and turn-around, all at a reasonable cost. I must also say thanks for providing me with a free "loaner" while my car was in the shop overnight. You get a "10" out of a possible "10" from me.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:50 PM
jimy
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MBDon
About a month ago I purchased a very clean, 2006 Base Coupe with less than 30,000 total miles. Two weeks later, I first got a "Service Magnetic Ride" message through the Driver Information Center. That was followed, over the next two weeks, by a series of "Service Active Handling" messages that were becoming more and more frequent. Two days ago I took it into the service department at Jud Kuhn Chevrolet in Little River, SC. It took them about an hour to run a diagnostic, at which time they determined that it was a faulty steering wheel position sensor. The sensor was in stock. A clip which they needed to secure the wiring had to be ordered and arrived at the dealership this morning. Long story short: My Vette was ready for pick up this afternoon and the problem is solved at a total cost of $438 (which I believe is very reasonable, given some of the horror stories I've read on this forum). Thanks, Jud Kuhn service department for a quick diagnosis and turn-around, all at a reasonable cost. I must also say thanks for providing me with a free "loaner" while my car was in the shop overnight. You get a "10" out of a possible "10" from me.
I had the same problem on my 07. Did a bunch of research. Bought the clip for $4.35 form Chevy dealership. Installed it myself. 2 years and no problem. If you're comfortable pulling off a panel and finding the loose harness under the steering wheel, try doing it yourself and save the trip to the dealer and some $$$.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:19 AM
GTAP
Instructor

Default Service Active Handling

This happened to me yesterday evening. I was at a stop light. The light turned green and I proceeded to move and the whole active handling system went crazy! The dashboard lit up with the car symbol and then the service active handling words came up. I could barely get the car to pull off the road without causing an accident. Is there still a way to report this?
Old 12-03-2015, 09:52 AM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I just recently experienced this 2x within a week. Both at low speeds during a turn and coming out of a turn. My front brakes would lock up and pull the car to the right and the steering wheel would be hard to turn, as if the power steering went out or something. It did it again this morning from backing out with the wheels turned to the right, cut the wheels to the left to leave, then turned straight and the wheels locked up and pulled me to the right.

In the past I have had the service abs system, but it would go off. I prob had it come on 2 or 3 times during the 3 years I have owned the car. Nothing ever happened when it came on though.

So what needs to be done with this clip? I don't mind spending $5 and installing this thing to see if it fixes my problem. Can anyone guide me to the repair, please?

I see that the part number is 19179794.

Last edited by crAzy; 12-03-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:44 AM
1967droptop
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There have been numerous discussions regarding this issue on this forum that include how to install the clip. There is also a GM recall to install the clip. I replaced the clip several years ago and have not had further issues since. Was at the dealer a few weeks ago for the low beam headlight recall and the dealer also performed the clip replacement recall at no charge. Suggest you contact your trusted dealer and make an appointment for both recalls. Good luck.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:46 AM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 1967droptop
There have been numerous discussions regarding this issue on this forum that include how to install the clip. There is also a GM recall to install the clip. I replaced the clip several years ago and have not had further issues since. Was at the dealer a few weeks ago for the low beam headlight recall and the dealer also performed the clip replacement recall at no charge. Suggest you contact your trusted dealer and make an appointment for both recalls. Good luck.
I was there a few weeks ago for my clutch MC replacement and they only brought up the headlight recall. Nothing about the clip. My car is a 2006 C6 Z06.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:08 PM
1967droptop
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it possible this recall had been done previously? Ask the dealer to check GM records for conformation.

Get notified of new replies

To Service Active Handling - Consumer Action

Old 12-03-2015, 10:59 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

There is no clip recall. In fact, no recall about this still very dangerous issue.

So far, nothing is a permanent fix. Not even the clip.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:16 AM
furiousox
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by crAzy
I was there a few weeks ago for my clutch MC replacement and they only brought up the headlight recall. Nothing about the clip. My car is a 2006 C6 Z06.
Same with my 07 z06 did low beam but no mention of clip ...

Just had this happen to me last night not a good feeling. I go to the canyons a lot and I will be goner if this happened there. What's worse is if the car decides to take out another driver.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:16 AM
05XLRtoC7_San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by crAzy
I just recently experienced this 2x within a week. Both at low speeds during a turn and coming out of a turn. My front brakes would lock up and pull the car to the right and the steering wheel would be hard to turn, as if the power steering went out or something. It did it again this morning from backing out with the wheels turned to the right, cut the wheels to the left to leave, then turned straight and the wheels locked up and pulled me to the right.

In the past I have had the service abs system, but it would go off. I prob had it come on 2 or 3 times during the 3 years I have owned the car. Nothing ever happened when it came on though.

So what needs to be done with this clip? I don't mind spending $5 and installing this thing to see if it fixes my problem. Can anyone guide me to the repair, please?

I see that the part number is 19179794.
I took it to my dealership and they did the repair (part + labor) for $19. It should have been zero since this is a HUGE safety hazard and should be a mandatory recall.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...6-02-35-a.html

2005-2008 Chevrolet Corvette
Cause
The most likely cause of a DTC C0710 on a vehicle equipped with telescoping/tilt steering wheel is high resistance in SWPS
connector C202. Fretting terminal corrosion may be present in the SWPS connector due to the telescoping motion of the
steering column. When the steering column is telescoped in and out, the female terminals within the SWPS connector may
move on the male terminals of the SWPS. This movement between the terminals may cause a high resistance condition in the SWPS connector.

Correction
Remove the driver's side closeout (insulator) panel.
Locate the SWPS connector that connects to the steering angle sensor, located on the lower center of the steering column.

Install the clip (1), P/N 19179794, into the connector. This clip will act as a terminal positive assurance (TPA) and prevent any movement of the terminals.

Quick Reply: Service Active Handling - Consumer Action