C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 10:47 AM
cobraq8
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL Flashing

I have been getting a blinking CEL on the top of 4th gear runs. There is no hesitation and the engine runs as smooth as always. I scanned and got P0300 code (Random Misfire). Did the usual checks for Spark Plugs, Spark Plugs wires, loose connections, Vacuum leaks, and injector’s leaks where all looked fine. My car is stock except for Halltech KB, Halltech Tune and Catless exhaust which all were installed two years ago without issues.
Any Suggestions guys !!

07' ZO6

Thanks
Bader
Old 06-27-2009, 10:57 AM
99ssconv
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hook up a scan tool and see what cylinder or cylinders are misfiring. or freezeframe data on a tech 2 will show you
Old 06-27-2009, 01:13 PM
cobraq8
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Update

A small EGR plastic nipple connected to the intake manifold found broken. Interestingly it seems that it was repaired by the evidence of some glue smear at the same location. My engine was replaced 2 years ago due to a broken valve spring which basically ruined the whole engine. Now, I guess it is a good excuse to get one of those new FAST intakes
Thanks for the help guys

Get notified of new replies

To CEL Flashing

Quick Reply: CEL Flashing