C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 harmonic balancer bolt

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Licit
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LS3 harmonic balancer bolt

I will need a new balancer bolt and while searching around some sites list one bolt for ls1/ls2/ls3/ls6 and then a few other sites differentiate between ls1/ls2/ls6 and then have separate bolt numbers and prices for ls3 and ls7 engines. Anyone know what the deal is?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Licit
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ended up calling the GM dealership here in town to see what they said and apparently they had 2 listed like on some websites that I found. One is 103mm long and one is 110mm long. I got transferred to a tech who couldn't figure it out and got their head guy to look into it. He called me back and said that when 08+ vette owners come in with issues with the crank pulley slipping they would replace with the bolt that is 110mm. I had him order the one that is 110mm since I remember reading someone else that had a ud pulley with slippage issues and he may have been using the shorter bolt. Granted it could have been not properly tightened to yield or not had the right locktite applied but I would rather not take chances.

Quick Reply: LS3 harmonic balancer bolt