C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0335 "Crank sensor error"

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Phill25
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0335 "Crank sensor error"

I have a 2008 1lt m6 LS3 corvette coupe. Today I drove it to work, no problems, drove like grandma.

After work I fire it up and I had a engine code, I drove home, she ran normal. I scanned it at home and got a P0335 "Crank Sensor Error"

I prefer to not take my cars to the dealer, but this has me stumped. The code can't be cleared with the predator... and the engine light wont go away.

I was going to take the car on vacation next week, but this isnt looking good.

Any help or troubleshooting advice would be great. Where are the crank sensors on this car BTW? I am sure they are hidden so major work is needed to get to them.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm not an LS3 expert, but the crank sensor is usually located at the passenger side rear of the block. Shouldn't be too hard to get to with the car up on jackstands. I would check the harness and connector to make sure everything is secure. I have seen problems like this caused by wiring getting burned on exhaust/headers or even rodents chewing up the engine harness. You see all kinds of things when you work on cars for a living.

Is the engine stock? If everything looks okay, then it is likely a bad crank sensor. I would think you might have some kind of running issue if the crank sensor had failed, but most modern engines use the cam sensor as a backup if the crank sensor has a fault. Hope this helps,

Andy
Old 08-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Phill25
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I jacked up the car and have no idea what sensor is the crank position one? Anybody know?

Engine is stock, just intake/exhaust, both have been on for awhile. There are zero wires near the exhaust.

I am definetly going to need some help with this one.

Get notified of new replies

To P0335 "Crank sensor error"

Quick Reply: P0335 "Crank sensor error"